Eoi - Kayak Social

The Mad Hughesy

Kayak Social - EOI  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should the social be an overnight event with camping facilities? Or just a single day event?

• Overnight social
    • Single day event

Afternoon everyone,

I've been wanting to organize this for a while now but life has been too busy. So lets cut to the chase...

I'm pretty sure there are a good number of kayak fishers in this club, so who is keen to get together for a social? Much like the wavebreak social, it could be an overnight event with fishing on both days. Alternatively, it could just be a morning event followed up with a bbq lunch. There are pros and cons to both... for example; overnight social requires camping facilities which limits where we can go, a single day event opens up to going anywhere in seq

So at the moment, im just putting the feelers out to see what would suit most people. Once we get the votes in we can start spit balling ideas. Feel free to throw in any suggestions! 

Chris

I'm keen Chris - I'd probably prefer the one day event but in saying that, if the majority wanted the overnighter I'd see how clear the calendar was and attempt to make it.

We also need to organise Suburbs of Origin - are we just going for a one week event this year?

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I'm keen Chris - I'd probably prefer the one day event but in saying that, if the majority wanted the overnighter I'd see how clear the calendar was and attempt to make it.

We also need to organise Suburbs of Origin - are we just going for a one week event this year?

ahhh I totally forgot about that comp! leave it with me

• 3 months later...

Why not have on openind day at Forgan Cove at NPD chance to fish virgin waters that have never been accessed before.

Seqwater is upgrading the facilities at Forgan Cove. The upgrade includes the construction of a new launch point for paddle craft, wash down facility, carpark and toilet facilities.

Contractors will be working at Forgan Cove recreation area between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday.

Subject to weather conditions and other unexpected delays it is expected the site will be open by late October or early November.

15 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

Why not have on openind day at Forgan Cove at NPD chance to fish virgin waters that have never been accessed before.

Seqwater is upgrading the facilities at Forgan Cove. The upgrade includes the construction of a new launch point for paddle craft, wash down facility, carpark and toilet facilities.

Contractors will be working at Forgan Cove recreation area between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday.

Subject to weather conditions and other unexpected delays it is expected the site will be open by late October or early November.

Awesome. What do we need to do for permits etc?

Archived