2018 Suburbs Of Origin

The Mad Hughesy

SEQ Suburbs of Origin!

The great battle is back again in 2018 for its 3rd year running now i believe! Last year poor old Team North was well and trult flogged last year...maybe this is our year in 2018!

Remember folks, no entry fees, no prizes...just the glory of the win!

To keep it plain and simple, if you live North of the Brisbane river, you are a north sider (Team North)

If you live South of the Brisbane river, you’re a south sider (Team South)

It’s not about where you were born, just about where you live now

To somewhat mimic the NRL State of origin, we hold this over three weekends, with each week being considered one “game” in a three game series. 9 target species; Bream, Bass, Whiting, Flathead, Snapper, Jew/Threadfin, Golden Perch (yellowbelly), Tailor and Pelagic (Tuna, Mackerel). For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species. 9 categories each weekend, why these species? Because regardless of how (boat, kayak or land) or where you fish, you will be able to target these species. To win the weekend in any one species, an angler from either Team North or Team South must catch the longest of that species for the weekend. To win the weekend, one team (North or South) must take out the majority of species for the period. Once the next weekend (or game) rolls around, the slate is cleaned.

For example, if the Team South have the longest bream, flatty and longest bass for one weekend, but Team North have the longest snapper and tailor…then Team South win for that weekend. Hope that makes sense

To keep it fair, the night before the weekend of fishing, a unique symbol will be released that must be pictured with the catch along with your team name (North or South) submissions can just be made online in the topic that I will create for each weekend of fishing. Each time a new longest species is caught, I will update the original post to let everyone know what Team is in front. The unique symbol will be as easy as writing or drawing on a piece of paper (or a hand signal), which can be easily placed next to the fish. Fish where you want, just because you’re a Team North member doesn’t mean that you have to fish North of the Brisbane river and vice versa. All comp submissions must be loaded into the rounds topic (a new topic will be created for each round) by 8pm on the final day of the round!

And of course, to win the series and have your team crowned the SEQ Suburbs of Origin CHAMPIONS, you must win 2 of the three weekends. Then maybe afterwards we can all get together and have a big feed or something along those lines.

The more anglers involved the better! This comp isn’t designed to push us against each other, but to just get some friendly banter going amongst this awesome community that we have going here on AFO.

Who is keen? We can decide on what weekend suit most people best etc if there is enough interest in this. The beauty of having this spread out over three different weekends, is that if you are unable to fish one weekend, then you have two more weekends that you can fish on, so no complaining about not being able to enter! If anyone is keen, shoot me a message or reply in this topic as to what team you are fishing for and I will update the below list.

OFFICIAL DATES

Round One : 8th - 17th of June

Round Two : TBC

Round Three : TBC

Team North                                                                                    Team South

@christophagus                                                                                  @ellicat

@Doyley                                                                                              @Old Scaley

@Fishaman                                                                                        @Drop Bear

I think you could probably twist my arm ..... 🙂 You've just provided me with the motivation to get the majority of my 800+ school reports done this weekend ......... :frantics:Put me down on the reigning champs team 🙂 Just realised that it starts this weekend, so I'll enjoy keeping an eye on entries whilst doing school work 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived