Looking For Fishing Buddy In Moreton Bay. I Have A Boat

jhedrick

Hey guys I have a 2005, 75hp 4.8 meter stacer bowrider. I just got back to Brisbane after a few years down south and have realised majority of my mates are in different cities now. I'm by no means a professional fisherman but would love to try live baiting. I don't have a cast net or know how to use one so I have just been trying to Jig unsuccessfully. I love my beer and chilling so it doesn't really matter if I don't catch anything. It's always a bonus if I catch a fish.

If you are not too serious and enjoy a chat and a beer give me a pm and hopefully we can go out and catch some dinner. 

I live in Toowong and work night shift Monday to Friday so I'm only really available to go fishing Saturday afternoons and Sundays. If anyone is keen send me a pm and we can catch up for a beer. 

39 minutes ago, jhedrick said:

Cheers guys yeah I'm definitely keen to go out. Even catch a squid or two has to be in a few weeks though as this weekend I have a christening and the weekend after I have my house warming and will be way to hung over to fish. 

Perfect let me know a time in a few weeks and its on!

9 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

oh you are too young Im 149....

less about 100

I'm 50 this year and in my prime ( for beer drinking and fishing anyway), I pm you yesterday shame you can't access

keen to go out when you can make it, don't forget to drink some water before bed after a good session  ( like we ever remember that)!!

Hey champ I', 37 soonish. Bit strapped for cash this year as finishing uni degree and just come out of a messy divorce so living like a student at present. Love a beer and fishing. Welcome to the forum loads of guys on here with great knowledge all friendly chaps too. Where did you get the squid? In the river at Toowong or did you head out to coastline. 

Hey mate. Welcome to the forum

i’d love to tell you I could help with marks, tips or even skills but I don’t have any of that, don’t think I’ve caught anything but bream in the last 3 years, the lizards must see me and laugh !

im 34 as well, married with a couple of kids so my wife (and I 🤮) made the decision to sell my boat.

if you ever need a deckie I’m always keen, love a beer and a good yarn, live in Wilston.

Another plus is a holiday house down Kingscliff, great place to float the boat from.

anyways I just felt like I filled in a dating application 😭

cheers

ben

Hahahhaha this forum is pretty funny. I did get everyone's PM's and I will try to get back to everyone when I can. 

The good news is I got a new block on my motor. The bad news is that I have to run it in. So the first time I get to take it out I won't be doing too much fishing. At the moment I would probably say I should be able to go out at the start of next month. Probably just in the bay somewhere. 

Cheers for all the responses guys, sorry I've been so slack to get back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2018 at 4:27 AM, jhedrick said:

Hey guys sorry about the lack of activity. I broke in my new block on the motor last Sunday and am thinking about taking it out this Sunday. Anyone keen for a fish for a couple of hours? All depending on the misses though. 

Thanks for the offer. The weather looks mint. I have stuff to do so cant. I hope you smash 'em

So I got myself a cast net caught livies and no success in the Brisbane River last night and this morning. Caught two ripper mud crabs and a bunch of hairtail which I've never caught before. On the ****** side my motor ****ed out again seems like it's only firing from one cylinder and it took ages to get home. Was under the gateway bridge the docks and near boggy Creek with the livies with no success. I caught heaps of pike in the morning too but nothing seemed to take it. I was wondering if anyone knew if it's okay as dead bait as I put them on the freezer. I'm still keen for a fishing buddy but still have issues with the boat and doubt anyone wants to deal with that ****

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

The 'hairtail' were more than likely Pike Eels.

Didn't think of that but you're probably right Brian. I hadn't heard of pike eels (not sure if we got them up in Central Qld?) so assumed they were hairtail when I caught them up in the Pumicestone Passage a few years ago.  Nice work on the quality muddies @jhedrick - yum!!

19 hours ago, jhedrick said:

So I got myself a cast net caught livies and no success in the Brisbane River last night and this morning. Caught two ripper mud crabs and a bunch of hairtail which I've never caught before. On the ****** side my motor ****ed out again seems like it's only firing from one cylinder and it took ages to get home. Was under the gateway bridge the docks and near boggy Creek with the livies with no success. I caught heaps of pike in the morning too but nothing seemed to take it. I was wondering if anyone knew if it's okay as dead bait as I put them on the freezer. I'm still keen for a fishing buddy but still have issues with the boat and doubt anyone wants to deal with that ****

mate where did you fish i was testing out a sounder yesterday and sounded up a good school of jew and some good threadfin

They are hairtail alright, they reckon they taste good as well, have caught them at mission point in the passage in the past but let them go, if you cook them let us know what they taste like

MSB

6 minutes ago, MSB said:

They are hairtail alright, they reckon they taste good as well, have caught them at mission point in the passage in the past but let them go, if you cook them let us know what they taste like

MSB

Basically every cast with the cast net caught one or two. I could have kept about 20 but I didn't know what they taste like. So proof is in the cooking tonight or it's going to be bait

2 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

mate where did you fish i was testing out a sounder yesterday and sounded up a good school of jew and some good threadfin

Well I went out to the docks and didn't find too much on the sounder. Then I went the opposite wall which there were a few big ones but nothing biting. Then the Clara rock where I caught a heap of pike, then under the story bridge which sounded up heaps of big fish. Unsure what they were also schools and schools of prawns. Then back to Clara Rock which wasn't very productive and back up boggy Creek to get some mud crab. Fun night/day out besides my motor firing on one cylinder 

Archived