Noosa Family Holiday

Angus

Went to Noosa for a few days to celebrate my grandmothers 90th. 

While it was not a "fishing trip" I did get out a couple of times. Had some good success on the Flathead using micro jigs with best session scoring me 6.

20180608_140420.jpg20180608_135903.jpg

Also got out for a cheeky 1.5 hour session offshore. With limited time due to tides on the bar we opted for go big or go donut and dropped some livies on Sunshine Reef. Not a bad decision. I lost one large fish sadly to a bad knot and @Boydy bagged this solid cobia. Excellent fight.

20180610_080501.jpg

On top of this some quality family time was had and Alastair is showing a great love for being outside often grabbing his hat and waiting at the door 😁

20180611_163122.jpg20180611_075855.jpg20180610_170458.jpg

20 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

thats stunning mate well done. How do you work the micro jigs for flathead?

Beautiful photos. Great memories 🙂

Good question. I was not originally after flatties. I had been told there were a lot of goldens around and that was what I was really chasing.

Anyway nothing fancy involved. Cast out (and you get one hell of a cast) and bounce it back. Just like fishing a plastic.

I was using a 15g jig but a 10g would have been better and a bit slower on the drop.

Some jigs are designed to work slower.

All flathead hit them on the drop.

Also dropped something that was probably a golden by the runs.

Angus

On 14/06/2018 at 7:15 AM, Angus said:

Good question. I was not originally after flatties. I had been told there were a lot of goldens around and that was what I was really chasing.

Anyway nothing fancy involved. Cast out (and you get one hell of a cast) and bounce it back. Just like fishing a plastic.

I was using a 15g jig but a 10g would have been better and a bit slower on the drop.

Some jigs are designed to work slower.

All flathead hit them on the drop.

Also dropped something that was probably a golden by the runs.

Angus

Nice. I will factor that in for a sesh. Anyone got Noosa offshore GPS marks?

On 14/06/2018 at 6:15 PM, tugger said:

Livies get qaulity offshore sometimes you don't have to wait long nice cobia did you measure him?

I did not sorry mate. Picture does not do it justice as it is right in tight to his body but it was a unit. Amazing first run. 

Archived