Garmin

straddiebrad

It is definitely a small patch of hard ground there Brad, you can see that by the tails coming off that show.

You would expect to pull a few nice snapper and pearlies off it sometime.

Definitely a good mark to keep and pay it a few visits when ever you are back out there.

55 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

It is definitely a small patch of hard ground there Brad, you can see that by the tails coming off that show.

You would expect to pull a few nice snapper and pearlies off it sometime.

Definitely a good mark to keep and pay it a few visits when ever you are back out there.

thanks lance i thought it was will go back for aa look next time iam out there

4 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

yer mate the pic shows the bottom 6 meters

Yeah nice . Could be anything. May be a 20ft container on its end. Good find and hope it produces something special.  Hopefully you can get someone with structure scan to have a look to help give a little more detail.  

2 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Yeah nice . Could be anything. May be a 20ft container on its end. Good find and hope it produces something special.  Hopefully you can get someone with structure scan to have a look to help give a little more detail.  

we went over it a few times but nothing it was about 1.30 in the arvo though,will try it at first light next time.

I have the same unit. I'm presuming you have the standard transducer still? No chirp on normal sounder....

Next time your on the mark switch it over to downview. Chirp will draw exactly what it is or give a better clearer image than the traditional sonar. Altgough in that depth it may struggle a little. Worth a try though. 

I'm gonna guess you found a nice isolated rock. The bottom moves all the time out there. May have been exposed in the last big swells.

EDIT....MY UNIT IS DIFFERENT. I HAVE THE 820XS. APOLOGIES FOR THE MISTAKE. 

Regardless, if you have chirp downview, hit it with that and it will be a lot clearer. 

Cheers.

Archived