Recommendations For Yamba

thousandyards

Been years since I've posted on here!

Heading to Yamba on Sunday for a week.....does anyone have any recommendations for fishing landbased? It's bream season so I'm sure there'll be plenty of those. I may or may not get out on the rockwall to throw lures or livies but I'm keen to chase some jewies or the like in the river at night.

Happy to take any tips! Staying at the Big 4 Saltwater.

Hey thousand yards, 

Welcome back.

The thread below is a cracker for Yamba. It has the map that I have posted below. It is a little old so while I'm sure things have moved around a bit it should still fish the same. 

post-10337-144599001165_thumb.jpg.ba4fcfce1c411cfb0cd86024fa2d5c0a.jpg

near the little causeway that you cross is supposed to be one of the best top water whiting spots going. 

A week in Yamba you lucky bugger. Have a great trip mate. 

Good luck and please let us know how you go. 🙂

On 01/07/2018 at 6:25 AM, Drop Bear said:

The local rag has some good tips and reports as well. 

https://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/topic/yamba-bait-and-tackle/

I don't suppose you have a spare seat for me????  😁

Well it’s Friday and the first day of little/no rain we’ve had. Heading home tomorrow. Managed a couple of 38cm flathead on a $6 Berkeley frenzy from Big w of all things. Took a yak out from the caravan and dragged the lure around for an hour on Wednesday and Thursday. Apart from that, haven’t caught anything.

giving the southern rock wall a go tonight with some pillies. Will see how I go I guess!

2 minutes ago, thousandyards said:

Well it’s Friday and the first day of little/no rain we’ve had. Heading home tomorrow. Managed a couple of 38cm flathead on a $6 Berkeley frenzy from Big w of all things. Took a yak out from the caravan and dragged the lure around for an hour on Wednesday and Thursday. Apart from that, haven’t caught anything.

giving the southern rock wall a go tonight with some pillies. Will see how I go I guess!

Good luck. Some slugs would be a pretty fair bet to get a tailor. 

Archived