Green Island Night Session With Report

Drop Bear

We headed off around 7.30pm. My mates boat is a stunner. center console huge Sea Hunt that he personally imported from USA. 150 yami. Pretty glamorous for a bait fishing boat but any port in a storm. It is such a great boat to get around the bay on a nice bay and even better suited to calmer waters around GC. We have had it offshore at Wooli and it goes really well. 

There was a bit of rain around but packed a jacket, a bottle of Shiraz to share and some nice fresh bait. 

The light south easterly gave little waves but nothing to worry about. It can be a wet boat if you get 15 knots from the side but we had a pleasant trip out. 

Got to the spot at the southern end of Green island near the south Cardinal light in about 3m of water. 

The snapper were there straight away and we put 2 good snapper in the keeper tank at about 45cm and 55cm. The bite was pretty hot and we caught about 12 fish in total. In the photo there are 7 fish but 2 of them were under 40cm so went back as we had enough. The keeper tank has a very fast flow water inlet and a great frothy recirculating pump so it keeps them feisty as. 

The photo below is of them just pulled out of the tank as we worked out what ones to keep and what ones to release. Sorry for such a crappy photo.

20180701_233248.thumb.jpg.d0ab3f38c088583dda2147ea587e2851.jpg

I wanted to catch some bream for the comp. I had on a 5/0 circle hook with a squid head and picked up a stack of bream. I don't really know how many but perhaps 15? They were not big, but big enough to keep the southsiders in the comp. boom. Thanks @christophagus for extending the finish time by a few hours. 

All in all it was a great night on a very comfortable boat in those conditions. 

It is a treat to get a good feed of quality bay snapper. It is about 10 mins from manly harbour so used very little fuel and caught stacks of quality fish.

20180701_213442.thumb.jpg.7f50ee8c366f5d6ab7ac16b9919d5dac.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of photos. It was night and my mate hates that sort of thing so didn't take many. 

All the bream went back and I only kept 2 nice snapper. 

20180701_212527.jpg

20180701_214027.jpg

20180701_223849.jpg

6 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Rob, good result and nice way to spend an evening.

Yes it was tops to get out there again. There are some big fish out there. I had a stack of runs where they were mouthing the baits. I need to get better (less lazy) at putting the hook through and hooking it in the tail then half hitching around the top..... does that even make sense? 

Archived