2018 Suburbs Of Origin - The Decider 6/7-15/7

The Mad Hughesy

With Team North taking out the first round, and the Southsiders taking round two, we go to the decider! If you haven't fished for this comp before...now is the time to help your suburb brothers out! To shake things up a bit, I've changed one of the target species. Given that no one has caught a yellow belly in rounds 1 & 2, I've decided to replace it with squid. I've seen plenty of squid already caught all around the bay both land based and in the boat.  My suggestion would be to measure the tube length...that sound fair to everyone?

The dates for the decider are as follow. 6/7 til the 15/7. Catches must be submitted by 9pm on Sunday the 15th of July.

Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! 

To summarize the comp... 9 target species; Bream, Bass, Whiting, Flathead, Snapper, Jew/Threadfin, Squid, Tailor and Pelagic (Tuna, Mackerel). For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item with the size of the fish clearly visible!All submissions must be posted in this topic by 9pm on Sunday night. Happy Fishing and tight lines. 

UNIQUE ITEM : Number 3 (either written or three fingers in the photo)

To brush up on the rules, please see the below topic link

BREAM - @Doyley 25cm TEAM NORTH

BASS - @rayke1938 45cm TEAM SOUTH

FLATHEAD - @Poddymullet 48cm TEAM NORTH

WHITING - @Doyley  31cm TEAM NORTH

SNAPPER - @Cobiaaddict 85cm TEAM NORTH

SQUID - 

TAILOR - 

JEW/THREADFIN SALMON -

PELAGIC (Tuna, Mackerel) -

Thanks mate. Just checking. You have put the unique item in the first post. Does that mean we can start now? I caught a fish today...

Happy for that or if you want it to start on the 6th happy too but we probably need another unique item. 

Thanks so much for organising this I hope my questions are not a pain in the bum...

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Thanks mate. Just checking. You have put the unique item in the first post. Does that mean we can start now? I caught a fish today...

Happy for that or if you want it to start on the 6th happy too but we probably need another unique item. 

Thanks so much for organising this I hope my questions are not a pain in the bum...

I put the unique item up purely so I wasn’t late (I’ve got a few things on Thursday night so would probably forget) so folks could start fishing first thing Friday morning. I recon we just start on the 6th.

gives you an excuse an go fishing again @Drop Bear 😉

14 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice snap Josh - I think we can comfortably call if for 85cm. Surely you've got a bigger brag mat with the fish you catch ....... :whistle:

Thanks @kmcrosby78.   I Had a bigger brag mat mate. I lost it tho. Blew out of the boat coming home from the ramp so i had to settle for the spare. 85-86cm we called that one for.  Was surprised it went 7.1kg tho

Northside here we go...cracking morning actually given what the forecast said it would be like...almost glass between Newport and Bribie ...Cockle Banks were on fire again and just what I needed to blow some cobwebs away. 

Got another 2 lizards but let one go that was just over to fight another day 🙂 

fullsizeoutput_b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9.jpeg

Archived