2018 Suburbs Of Origin - The Decider 6/7-15/7

The Mad Hughesy

2 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

yes i got an 81 went 6.9kg

Takes a fair chunk of fish to pull some weight on my scales unfortunately. But generally alot of fish that are between 78cm to 85cm  are in the 6-7kg bracket on my scales. There is a lot of fish about at the moment. Hopefully the cool weather this week hold them in bay a little longer

1 minute ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Takes a fair chunk of fish to pull some weight on my scales unfortunately. But generally alot of fish that are between 78cm to 85cm  are in the 6-7kg bracket on my scales. There is a lot of fish about at the moment. Hopefully the cool weather this week hold them in bay a little longer

A few of us are heading off the goldie on the weekeend 

On 07/07/2018 at 6:56 PM, Old Scaley said:

Might be able to get out for a mid week assault if the weather is ok. Come on southsiders.

So “assault” may have been a slight exaggeration. Thought my best chance may have been a Flathead but no joy so decided to target snapper for some take home happiness. Had 2 bites all morning. Turned one of them into dinner. Still better than a donut. I know it won’t threaten the winners but here is a pic anyway.

D5C84969-A49C-4C08-914D-63526D593CEB.jpeg

16 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

So “assault” may have been a slight exaggeration. Thought my best chance may have been a Flathead but no joy so decided to target snapper for some take home happiness. Had 2 bites all morning. Turned one of them into dinner. Still better than a donut. I know it won’t threaten the winners but here is a pic anyway.

D5C84969-A49C-4C08-914D-63526D593CEB.jpeg

that's a very fat looking snapper mate, nice one

12 hours ago, christophagus said:

that's a very fat looking snapper mate, nice one

I thought the same when I landed it @Cobiaaddict. Looked like a football, but when I put the knife in to bleed it, there was a big release of air and it went back to normal size. Probably just needed some quick eeze.  Stomach was pretty empty as well which probably explains why It jumped on my bait. 

I never used to bleed snapper, but after tasting the ones we caught when I was out with @tugger I reckon it does improve the flavour as well as making the filleting much cleaner.

17 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I thought the same when I landed it @Cobiaaddict. Looked like a football, but when I put the knife in to bleed it, there was a big release of air and it went back to normal size. Probably just needed some quick eeze.  Stomach was pretty empty as well which probably explains why It jumped on my bait. 

I never used to bleed snapper, but after tasting the ones we caught when I was out with @tugger I reckon it does improve the flavour as well as making the filleting much cleaner.

I always bleed all fish I catch unless they are live bait...with Snapper species when I remember I also do the brain spike to ensure ultimate flavour! Bit confronting (kind weird when you think about leaving a fish to suffocate)! 

Well done Northsiders on a good win. Us Southerners were a bit unorganised this year (well, I was anyway) so we'll have to have a team meeting and regain our supremacy next year .... 🙂 Thanks @christophagus for another great job running the event, it certainly adds to the fun of the site and is a great format. Now if we could just find @Cobiaaddict a job/house to the south of the river ....... :whistle:

9 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Well done Northsiders on a good win. Us Southerners were a bit unorganised this year (well, I was anyway) so we'll have to have a team meeting and regain our supremacy next year .... 🙂 Thanks @christophagus for another great job running the event, it certainly adds to the fun of the site and is a great format. Now if we could just find @Cobiaaddict a job/house to the south of the river ....... :whistle:

No thanks still to close to the NSW border for me😝

14 hours ago, Luvit said:

Congratulations Northsider's.

I now know the winning secret. This is the first SOO I haven't entered for the Northsider's. 

Obviously bringing the whole team down with me. 🤫

I couldn't contribute either..... Elusive tailor, undersized  bream and no flatty's.

Well done Northsiders the dynasty has just begun ! 💪🏾

On 17/07/2018 at 10:12 AM, kmcrosby78 said:

Yep, one in a row ............ :whistle::frantics:

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

haha yes congratulations for one in a row... 🙂

True true only one win, but I guess one step closer to a dynasty than the southsiders 🤫

Archived