Bucket List Fish

Drop Bear

Tim Tam reminded me that I have not caught a fresh water Cod. Thanks...

But it made me think what I would really put on a bucket list. I have plenty of Bucket list destinations but what about actual fish?

Murray Cod, Saratoga for fresh tiger fish, Parana just to see them...

Salt. Marlin would be on it,

I saw a dodgy video (put on some pants Normie) where they caught a 90cm Tailor. haha

and this one over 1m

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/record-tailor-caught-at-st-georges-basin-60127/

Perhaps size does matter and I should simply up the sizes of fish. 

What is on your bucket list of fish?

1m+ snapper. Best is 97. Still good and I am not complaining.

10+ kilo parrot or tusk fish like that old codger at the redy bay comp would weigh in every year. I know where he gets them just had no luck myself. 

A BIG Black Bass. So jealous of the trip the boys on here did. In a few years I will be financial to do such a trip. 

27 minutes ago, Junky said:

10+ kilo parrot or tusk fish like that old codger at the redy bay comp would weigh in every year. I know where he gets them just had no luck myself. 

Funny you mention this. The detailer that is doing my boat fishes with that guy at the Redy Bay comp. He told me how it does it just this AM... I won't share that info here, but if you PM me Junky... 

50 minutes ago, Junky said:

1m+ snapper. Best is 97. Still good and I am not complaining.

A BIG Black Bass. So jealous of the trip the boys on here did. In a few years I will be financial to do such a trip. 

Same my best snapper is 96. That was a long long time ago. I haven't gotten a 90 for decades. 

That would be a beast of a parrot.

I have the Black Bass. 🙂 not the biggest one ever but still a cracker.

1 hour ago, Simo68 said:

i emailed you and kelvin about them the other day - motackle - rod special section (bottom right of the drop down menu)....... you could buy 4 and afford to let 2 go over the side!

Oh I had a look they look great. congratulations

2 hours ago, demarc said:

Funny you mention this. The detailer that is doing my boat fishes with that guy at the Redy Bay comp. He told me how it does it just this AM... I won't share that info here, but if you PM me Junky... 

Well I need to go get one now 🙂

6 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Same my best snapper is 96. That was a long long time ago. I haven't gotten a 90 for decades. 

That would be a beast of a parrot.

I have the Black Bass. 🙂 not the biggest one ever but still a cracker.

I think you'd have to head to S.A/Vic. to get a look in at a meter model. Like you say it was a while ago. Around 2005ish I think. 

Yep. Those parrot would be mental on the hook. The smaller models are. 

I know what his bait is but Im assuming he uses a deck winch with wipper snipper cord as leader. 

A bass is a bass man. You've caught a bigger one then I have. And besides, it's not all about the fish itself but the adventure you went on to cast that line. That's what I'm keen for just as much as catching the fish. To get one at all is a bonus imo. 

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Soooooooo many fish to choose from, but I think right at the top for me would be a metre-plus jewie (preferably from the beach/landbased), a marlin and a murray cod.

Yep all on my list too. I have caught Jew from the rocks on soft plastics but never a 1m+ I am going to post a video that I have been watching that looks fantastic. 

11 hours ago, Junky said:

I think you'd have to head to S.A/Vic. to get a look in at a meter model. Like you say it was a while ago. Around 2005ish I think. 

Yep. Those parrot would be mental on the hook. The smaller models are. 

I know what his bait is but Im assuming he uses a deck winch with wipper snipper cord as leader. 

A bass is a bass man. You've caught a bigger one then I have. And besides, it's not all about the fish itself but the adventure you went on to cast that line. That's what I'm keen for just as much as catching the fish. To get one at all is a bonus imo. 

Ok I will plan a trip to SA one day. 

Big handline is all I know about gear for the parrot. 

Yes A bass is a bass. They are fantastic and the Pandy River is a stunning place to be and fish. I will never forget those top water hits. 

Meter Murray Cod is my fishing pinnacle. And meter jewie and snapper would be nice. So would a 60cm creek/river Jack. 

My good mate mike caught a 140cm jewie in front of the port last week. Saw it on a brag mat and everything. Funny thing is that we've dropped a couple of them there over the last few months and never knew what they were. Spot X 🙂 

Hopefully planning to get one soon. Just picked up a new lowrance Ti which should help. 

10 hours ago, timtam_ said:

Meter Murray Cod is my fishing pinnacle. And meter jewie and snapper would be nice. So would a 60cm creek/river Jack. 

My good mate mike caught a 140cm jewie in front of the port last week. Saw it on a brag mat and everything. Funny thing is that we've dropped a couple of them there over the last few months and never knew what they were. Spot X 🙂 

Hopefully planning to get one soon. Just picked up a new lowrance Ti which should help. 

I saw a couple of frames in the water at the boat ramp last week that belonged to metre + jewies so they are around. I remember a guy telling me once that you can get the big ones in winter around Peel on microjigs. Might be worth a go.

Archived