Brisbane River Cast Netting (indooroopilly)

Lozzza

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a fish about a week ago. 

Did some cast netting at the indro golf course boat ramp, nothing other than a snag. Thankfully my net has a few holes already so not too bothered. A mate who joined me got some liveys on his way - about 8 big silver bittys - not sure if these are any good for the target species (jews/threadies) but they are one of my favourite river/estuary live baits so thought we would give those a go. Found a backwater spot on the river near the indro bridge, and fished about an hour each side of a 10pm high tide. Drizzled on us almost the whole time. Started off using quite large ball sinkers as our baits were getting pulled away with the current, but as the tide slowed down went smaller and smaller, eventually going to no weight. No bites the entire night, and eventually, a hot shower and hot drink were needed to ward away the frostbite. Not sure if we did anything wrong, or if it was just a quiet night. 

Next time will try and get some different baits and give them a whirl. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2018 at 3:25 PM, Lozzza said:

I went for a fish about a week ago. 

Did some cast netting at the indro golf course boat ramp, nothing other than a snag. Thankfully my net has a few holes already so not too bothered. A mate who joined me got some liveys on his way - about 8 big silver bittys - not sure if these are any good for the target species (jews/threadies) but they are one of my favourite river/estuary live baits so thought we would give those a go. Found a backwater spot on the river near the indro bridge, and fished about an hour each side of a 10pm high tide. Drizzled on us almost the whole time. Started off using quite large ball sinkers as our baits were getting pulled away with the current, but as the tide slowed down went smaller and smaller, eventually going to no weight. No bites the entire night, and eventually, a hot shower and hot drink were needed to ward away the frostbite. Not sure if we did anything wrong, or if it was just a quiet night. 

Next time will try and get some different baits and give them a whirl. 

Sorry you didn't get anything. I am really surprised, it sounds like you did everything you could.

Thanks for the report. 

Archived