Wave Break Island Social July 13 To 15th

tugger

Heading down to Southport this weekend for 2 nights fishing the Southport Broadwater and offshore from there as well going to chase Jewfish and tailor inshore and snapper offshore will be staying in the anchorage on the northern side of Wave Break Island. Looks like sunday is the pick of the weather and will get offshore then, also will target tailor and Jewies on the Friday and Saturday around the seaway. If you would like to join us we will have a day camp set up on the northern beach of the Island close to the southport corner come and join us if your keen there are plenty of options for fishing around the broadwater if you want to target flathead, bream, tailor, jewfish, trevally etc and offshore snapper, pearl perch, cobia, trag etc. I will be getting down there Friday morning and set up a tarp for the day camp if your staying don't forget the fold up chair for kicking back on the beach.

The weather is looking good for the weekend sunny days and Sunday looks like a cracking day for offshore. Talking to a mate today and he saw a 25kg jewie landed beside him while he was tailor fishing yesterday on the coast hope to see 1 like that myself.

12 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Never fished out of the Goldy before. Could be keen if i have time.

What kind of distances are you travelling to most snapper kings or jewie grounds. Weather is looking cracker

The 24 fathom reef is 8km from the seaway there are some close shallow reefs before that.

Late report as I have been busy since the weekend so the weather was mint on Saturday and we hit the 36s and got our bag of snapper pretty quickly biggest went 50cm. No big fish found for our crew but still plenty of panniers biting. 

The camp on the island was awesome as friends and family back home shivered through a really cold night it was good next to the water, no wind and a camp fire was perfect. We cooked up a storm in the camp ovens and after a big feed sat back around the 🔥 with a few drinks.

Sunday was quiet on the fish as the current was gone but a couple of the boats still found a few snapper and pearlies. I could not find a fish myself, back at camp most of the crews packed up and went home but a mate and I stayed another night with both of us having Monday off.

Great weekend with 5 boats and 12 crew for the camp there was excellent weather all weekend and the camping bug satisfied.

Nice one Mark and good to hear a few snapper caught. I'll have to set my boat up ready for these sorts of weekends - as it was when I spoke to you I'd forgotten I was taking the boys to the Broncos v Warriors game (perhaps I should have skipped it ......). It was George's (3 and a half) first game and boy was he excited - I think I've bred another hooligan, the poor bloke in front of him would have had sore ears ....... 🙂 

I have toget to one of these things soon! Sick of the student income! I have been earning decent income last 15 years now on student income had to deregister boat and keep trailer registered! Have to put boat back on water I am missing fishing soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 6:57 PM, Drop Bear said:

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope in a few weeks I can offer some decky spots if you are keen?

Thanks Drop Bear all good mate. just need to get to end of year then should be sweet again! I am going to put her back in water in a month or so. I am away in Sydney for a month working now..

Archived