Northern Moreton Bay Fishing Report Saturday 14 July

Poddymullet

Not a bad day on the bay at all if I say so myself fellow AFO members 🙂 

Second weekend I have been out and it has well been worth the effort (although today was easy going) 

No.1 son couldn't been shaken out of sleep but no.2 was up and ready to go with a massive grin on his dial and just said: "maybe it's because he want's me to have some time just with you Dad!"

Just smiled and said "I reckon you are right son so wanna go bag some fish?" To which I got another big grin and nod! Just what fatherhood is all about and makes you forget about the other 95% of the time you want to throttle them 🙂 

Anyways ... bacon n egg roll and a hot milo later we headed for a 6.30 on the water date with Scarborough. Perfect morning with just a slight breeze (although bloody chilly)...no problems at the ramp and we were off to the cockle banks. 

It paid big dividends again with my son on to his first fish on the first drop and in comes a nice winter whiting. 

Spent the morning drifting back and forth and could have bagged out but left a couple and headed home for the wonderful job of filleting 40+whiting and a couple of flathead. 

Would have loved to head further out but fishing with your kids is just about as good as it gets...just hope they repay the favour when I can't handle a boat by myself and am pissing into a bottle 6 times a night 🙂 

To top everything off ... I get home and the 🤹‍♀️ says who caught all the fish to which my son says "why me of course Mum! Dad did catch a couple but it must have been when I was asleep!!" 

Bloody awesome ... might try tomorrow morning wide if I can get up though.

Nice one, sounds like some fantastic father son time and plenty of fish as a bonus. We went with friends to Bribie (ocean beach) today and the weather was magnificent. There was a lone seal wallowing around in the shore break which was cool, a cruise ship to look at and birds diving into the water everywhere (I'll take my Stradic 5000FJ with a metal slug next time just in case they are within casting distance .....). Fishing was quiet with the wife getting the only dart/fish caught, but great time had all the same 🙂 

Good luck tomorrow if you go.

19 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one, sounds like some fantastic father son time and plenty of fish as a bonus. We went with friends to Bribie (ocean beach) today and the weather was magnificent. There was a lone seal wallowing around in the shore break which was cool, a cruise ship to look at and birds diving into the water everywhere (I'll take my Stradic 5000FJ with a metal slug next time just in case they are within casting distance .....). Fishing was quiet with the wife getting the only dart/fish caught, but great time had all the same 🙂 

Thanks mate .. yep it was great 🙂 Love Bribie... did you go for a swim as well 🙂 

On 14/07/2018 at 8:48 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

I have been fishing the ocean side north of 8th avenue 4wd access only for the last 6 years and all I have ever caught is 4 Dart..... Have used live pippies, fresh worms, fresh yabbies. Fished at 8th Avenue walking onto beach and caught loads of whiting.... Odd place. Been round in boat to the same area and catch mackerel... I don’t understand that area!! 

11 minutes ago, natang said:

I have been fishing the ocean side north of 8th avenue 4wd access only for the last 6 years and all I have ever caught is 4 Dart..... Have used live puppies, fresh worms, fresh tabbies. Fished at 8th Avenue walking onto beach and caught loads of whiting.... Odd place. Been round in boat to the same area and catch mackerel... I don’t understand that area!! 

Geez @natang if you keep using those live puppies and tabbies for bait you will really cop it from PETA 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, natang said:

I have been fishing the ocean side north of 8th avenue 4wd access only for the last 6 years and all I have ever caught is 4 Dart..... Have used live puppies, fresh worms, fresh tabbies. Fished at 8th Avenue walking onto beach and caught loads of whiting.... Odd place. Been round in boat to the same area and catch mackerel... I don’t understand that area!! 

That certainly is strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with professional netters - I have no idea if they work off Bribie but could be an explanation. Anyone know?

Archived