Southwind Boat Weight

Gilly0

I’m looking for my first boat. I’m considering a Southwind SR17 but I don’t know if my vehicle can pull it. My towing capacity is 1600kg. I will add a weight distribution hitch if it is close to the max tow weight. I’ve heard that southwind boats are heavy for thier size. Does anyone know the weight or were I could find out. It has a Yamaha 130 two stroke and is on a single axel trailer. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

14 hours ago, Gilly0 said:

I’m looking for my first boat. I’m considering a Southwind SR17 but I don’t know if my vehicle can pull it. My towing capacity is 1600kg. I will add a weight distribution hitch if it is close to the max tow weight. I’ve heard that southwind boats are heavy for thier size. Does anyone know the weight or were I could find out. It has a Yamaha 130 two stroke and is on a single axel trailer. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

Put it over a weigh bridge mate. Being close to the towing capacity of the car isn't worth the risk IMO. Fuel, eskys, fishing gear can be a quick extra 100kgs. Thenthere could possibly be waterlogged stringers etc. 

From what I’ve been able to read - the SR17 hull weight is around 570kgs. That is bare hull only.  Ad motor, trailer, fit out, fuel, water, fishing gear etc. I think you might be a little undersized in the vehicle department. Cheers 

Hope that helps a little. 

Archived