Wynnum Fishing Classic

Angus

So happy for you Brad and Jackson. Fantastic effort well deserved! What a weekend for you all. I am hassling Bluefin for the boat already. 

Thanks so much to the whole team. Truly a great success. The weather probably helped us out as we were so busy with what we had. 

2019 is going to be fantastic. I am trying to make 3rd to 6th May work. Anyone got any thoughts? 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ellicat said:

I think a special mention is called for, for the tremendous job @Drop Bear did in putting the whole event together and kicking off the whole Oyster project. Appreciated by both insiders and outsiders alike I am sure. Well done champ.

Thanks mate. I had a great day. The day was only awesome because all of us were amazing. 

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Congrats on the boat win Brad - glad to see it go to an AFO'er.  And well done to young Jackson for his wins/prizes - although I still maintain he should have been disqualified for wearing that NSW hat ......... 🙂 

Very successful first event fellas - bring on next year!!

It is going to be huge!

20 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Congrats Brad, and good on you and the boys for sticking it out and putting in the the hard yards in ordinary conditions. Highlight of the day was the smile on Jackson’s face every time he came up to claim a prize. 

yes when we were down at  redcliffe on saturday night he wanted to walk the fore shore to fish i dont need to tell how much it blew

19 hours ago, ellicat said:

I think a special mention is called for, for the tremendous job @Drop Bear did in putting the whole event together and kicking off the whole Oyster project. Appreciated by both insiders and outsiders alike I am sure. Well done champ.

yes a big thanks to rob who did a great job getting the event off the ground and everyone else who had a part in the event

2 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

yes when we were down at  redcliffe on saturday night he wanted to walk the fore shore to fish i dont need to tell how much it blew

Well you deserved the win mate. Well done. Not sure but that hat might be grounds for disqualification next year 🙂

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

So happy for you Brad and Jackson. Fantastic effort well deserved! What a weekend for you all. I am hassling Bluefin for the boat already. 

Thanks so much to the whole team. Truly a great success. The weather probably helped us out as we were so busy with what we had. 

2019 is going to be fantastic. I am trying to make 3rd to 6th May work. Anyone got any thoughts? 

nice cant wait to start to fit it out with some electrics will be shopping on the weekend

Congratulations to the Wynnum chapter of ozfish for putting on a great competition and congrats to all the winners. My son Brock gave it a good crack in the ordinary conditions but struck out it was a bummer I had to work all weekend. Good to see some AFO members having a win big congratulations to Brad and Jackson.

2 hours ago, tugger said:

Congratulations to the Wynnum chapter of ozfish for putting on a great competition and congrats to all the winners. My son Brock gave it a good crack in the ordinary conditions but struck out it was a bummer I had to work all weekend. Good to see some AFO members having a win big congratulations to Brad and Jackson.

Good on Brock for having a go. It was nasty out there. 

3 hours ago, tugger said:

it was pretty ordinary mark at on stage i was facing the pipe line in gear but going down the pipe line,it started to rain at boggy ramp so i got in the car and left it to the boys

017.jpg

On 16/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, Drop Bear said:

That is awesome. Better than xbox that is for sure. They will remember the time that they won champion angler and a boat and had to brave the cyclonic rain and wind. 

forgot to say as the younger grandson got the cod his brother when they got home decided to share up his prizes with him

Good to hear Brad. My eldest son Liam (almost 7) somehow managed to cast the lure into the bucket (I didn't see it unfortunately) at the casting comp so won a junior Alvey combo which he was rapt with, plus he and George (3 and a half) got a few lures for having a go, so they both proudly posed for photos with the lures and the rod so they could do show and tell at school/day care 🙂 Memories!!

I reckon next year we get a bucketful of cheap lures and on the presentation day we call all of the junior entrants up and give them a free lure.

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Good to hear Brad. My eldest son Liam (almost 7) somehow managed to cast the lure into the bucket (I didn't see it unfortunately) at the casting comp so won a junior Alvey combo which he was rapt with, plus he and George (3 and a half) got a few lures for having a go, so they both proudly posed for photos with the lures and the rod so they could do show and tell at school/day care 🙂 Memories!!

I reckon next year we get a bucketful of cheap lures and on the presentation day we call all of the junior entrants up and give them a free lure.

Sold! love it.

On 20/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, straddiebrad said:

the 100 dollar gift card jaxson got in one of his prize packs i took him down today to redeem his card,hmm how did those 5/0 octopus hooks get in there o well he will have to pass them on to the skipper.

013.jpg

Great stuff mate. So glad to see it used. 

Archived