Has Anyone Used Electric Reel Or Know About It?

dhingchakdude

Hi Guys,

I am back with yet another question.... **peace**

I would like to know about which electric reel to use for beech fishing, reason I am planning to use one is because, I am tired using normal one, and its not for me.

I basically googled about it and found about Shimano being the better one compared to other brands.

What suggestions do you guys have in picking up an electric reel and if anyplace you recommend, in or around Adelaide.

I am targeting snapper, tuna..

Cheers

💪

19 hours ago, dhingchakdude said:

Hi Guys,

I am back with yet another question.... **peace**

I would like to know about which electric reel to use for beech fishing, reason I am planning to use one is because, I am tired using normal one, and its not for me.

I basically googled about it and found about Shimano being the better one compared to other brands.

What suggestions do you guys have in picking up an electric reel and if anyplace you recommend, in or around Adelaide.

I am targeting snapper, tuna..

Cheers

💪

Electric reels really do have there place. I don't own one so cant give you advice on that but drop into your local tackle store and have a chat. There were some suggestions on the other thread of yours. Let us know how you get on.

33 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Electric reels really do have there place. I don't own one so cant give you advice on that but drop into your local tackle store and have a chat. There were some suggestions on the other thread of yours. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks... !

Which thread was that...?

I have seen drones used at Bribie Island by experienced fisho's.

You need to practice flying the drone and have enough batteries so you can drop baits out multiple times. Wind conditions will determine the amount of flight time you have. Best to be fishing the dawn or dusk periods with a tide change for best chance of catching something. Best to have a mate because it's a 2 person job. One to fly the drone and the other to make sure the line comes of the rod and reel without catching and pulling the drone into the water. 

To me it's way to much effort for the chance to catch a fish with all the money involved and the risk of damage to equipment. When the Longtails are close into Bribie Island from say May to end of July they are not far out (a few hundred meters off the beach or closer) for a boat and only 10km from the spinnaker Sound boat ramp. For your full beach cost set up you could probably get a small tinnie and on the nice days chase them off Bribie and in the bay.

Juts a thought.

Agree with everything that @Luvit said. That video makes it look easy, but I bet those guys are very experienced and knowledgeable fishos who would have put many, many hours of preparation and had many, many unsuccessful attempts before it all came together in that one magical session. Good luck, though, if you decide to follow that dream.

On 20/08/2018 at 8:34 AM, demarc said:

Let's back up bud.

1) What's your current problem? Hard to wind in? Too slow?

2) What reel did you end up with and what retrieve rate does it have?

On 20/08/2018 at 12:04 PM, Luvit said:

I have seen drones used at Bribie Island by experienced fisho's.

You need to practice flying the drone and have enough batteries so you can drop baits out multiple times. Wind conditions will determine the amount of flight time you have. Best to be fishing the dawn or dusk periods with a tide change for best chance of catching something. Best to have a mate because it's a 2 person job. One to fly the drone and the other to make sure the line comes of the rod and reel without catching and pulling the drone into the water. 

To me it's way to much effort for the chance to catch a fish with all the money involved and the risk of damage to equipment. When the Longtails are close into Bribie Island from say May to end of July they are not far out (a few hundred meters off the beach or closer) for a boat and only 10km from the spinnaker Sound boat ramp. For your full beach cost set up you could probably get a small tinnie and on the nice days chase them off Bribie and in the bay.

Juts a thought.

On 20/08/2018 at 12:37 PM, Old Scaley said:

Agree with everything that @Luvit said. That video makes it look easy, but I bet those guys are very experienced and knowledgeable fishos who would have put many, many hours of preparation and had many, many unsuccessful attempts before it all came together in that one magical session. Good luck, though, if you decide to follow that dream.

Dang that shimano electric reel is e x p e n s i v e = expensive!

I am better off with the suggestions from you guys and @Drop Bear to buy Shimano TLD 25

Although I yet to receive my drone, its not that expensive, and if I lose it then no regrets. Beach is right behind my house so I have all day to fish... heheh

I will be buying a new reel/rod when my drone arrives, I was taking a look at this combo though, it has 450 m of line capacity.. for 69$  its cheap, but I am yet to buy it since all you said Shimano TLD are the best investment!

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/jarvis-walker-ultimate-overhead-boat-fishing-combo-6ft./1910021

Archived