Port Side Install Of Transducer

Garfield28

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here has ever installed a transducer on the port side of their boat? 

Mine currently is on the starboard side as most would tell you to install it there, but I have been having issues holding bottom and reading ever since I have owned the unit. 

I have a water pickup and a squid light in close vicinity and I believe that could be causing the issue to, so have thought of re-locating it to the Port side but would love feedback if anyone has been successful doing so also. 

Thanks 
Geoff

IMG_20180825_093422603.jpg

My understanding is that if your prop spins clockwise like most props then the transducer goes on the starboard side and vice versa. Presumably there is less turbulence on that side from the prop.  Can you get your transducer any lower? Looks a bit high to me. Or maybe you are getting air bubbles from that water intake? Can it go to the other side?  What speed are you losing bottom?

You need to place a straight edge hard up against the bottom of the hull and set your transducer to the very top of the straight edge.

Ideally you want the center of the transducer body ( the red line ) level with the top of the straight edge and then push the rear of the transducer down a few mm.

That should get you very close to a perfect setup.

The pump pickup may be causing some dirty water but I would set the transducer and take it for a run first.

If you are still having issues, remove the pickup and go for another run and see if the problem still occurs.

tranny1.jpg

Archived