Stolen

natang

Hey lads,

I got home from 5 weeks away in sydney went out to the she Saturday morning and realised all of the following was missing. 

See any of this for sale let me know its all been stolen from mum and dads shed at Karrabin 4306.

Impact socket set imperial
AEG multi tool skin $219
jigsaw attachment $89
90 degree drill $79
 90 degree hammer drill attachment $89
recipricating saw attachment $89
corner sander attachments $89
AEG cordless saw $98
AEG cordless 300worbital sander $169
ARG cordless radio $159
AEG cordless blower $169
AEG 18v 3pce $299
AEG cordless angle grinder 125mmm $209
4x 18v batteries and charger 
AEG Drill and hammer drill 12v pack $169
Fiskar axe x25 x $119
Fiskar x7 xs tommahawk $69.95

Kincrome spanner set of metric and imperial
Kincrome socket sets
1/4 drive 41 piece $69
1/2 drive 51 piece $179
3/8 drive $145
Set of Stanley 3/8 drive longreach sockets 1

Tackle box 
Two trays if lures $300
Two trays if hooks and sinkers $200
Knives $200

Fishing rods
Two Daiwa laguna baitcaster rods with reels $300
2x daiwa spin rods 3-6kg and reels $300
2xDaiwa saltist PE 1-3 baitcaster rods $300
I Daiwa saltist baitcaster rod PE 4 $200
1x Daiwa saltist spin rod and Daiwa 3500reel $350
2x penn over head rods deep see $400
Silstar pistol grip baitcaster and reel $120
2 x Abu Garcia bait caster rods and reels $300
I ugly stick 6-12kg $140
I ammo box with Various reels abu garcia overhead baitcaster reels, daiwa spin reels and surf alvey reel $600

Home made rod rack.

if anyone sees anything let me know..... 

Nathan

23 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Scumbags. How do you convince the insurance company that you actually owned all that gear?

I have no idea.......... I cant even find ohotos with all gear in...... I have no idea how to orove i owned it all. I spent last year replacing all my **** rods with good quality ones hence all Daiwa gear. I didnt even list the ither ones there was 18 rods in total and about 26 reels. 

I am gutted......

I’ve had this happen to me once and it honestly sucks my content cover did not cover the loss as I had an uninsured tinny go. I had little to no receipts. I you are a regular at say bcf of you can get all of your purchases from your club card record and claim all of that. Another thing I did was go to a local tackle shop whom I was a regular, I gave them a very “extensive” list of all missing gear and they were more than happy to write a letter to the insurance mob saying I had purchased all items there, other shops eg a tool shop would do this to if they remember your face with knowledge that when you receive your claim you will do right by them and replace missing items through them so it’s a win win. And not that I would ever do this next one lol but ask friends and family for receipts and take photos and print them out tell insurance mob they were all saved on your old phone in case they got lost or faded. Just make sure they are a proper invoice or receipt and do not have Somone else’s specific eftpos/or other bank details on it. A good mate will also write a hand written receipt for any second hand purchase he has sold you in the past. At the end of the day your only trying to get back the cost of what you lost and you pay good money for insurance so you dont ever deserve to be at a loss over proof of ownership 

Hey guys,

i spoke to BCF riverlink Ipswich today and they have gone back to beginning of 2015 records for me and have printed every single purchase off for me and contacted other stores who have in turn emailed receipts which ipswich printed off for me. I have proof of purchase for 99% of fishing gear thats been stolen. Seen as it was taxkle box with three trays full of lures. You know the four multi colour tray shimano big tackle boxes had to have been 40-50 lures for esturies and rivers and another tray of at least 30 for deep sea and poppers etc. Every rod and reel bar the two Daiwa saltist baitcaster PE1-3 rods and two millionaire reels one at 250 one at 300. Everything is gonna have been proven purchase. 

Now trying to sort out tools........... 

17 minutes ago, natang said:

Hey guys,

i spoke to BCF riverlink Ipswich today and they have gone back to beginning of 2015 records for me and have printed every single purchase off for me and contacted other stores who have in turn emailed receipts which ipswich printed off for me. I have proof of purchase for 99% of fishing gear thats been stolen. Seen as it was taxkle box with three trays full of lures. You know the four multi colour tray shimano big tackle boxes had to have been 40-50 lures for esturies and rivers and another tray of at least 30 for deep sea and poppers etc. Every rod and reel bar the two Daiwa saltist baitcaster PE1-3 rods and two millionaire reels one at 250 one at 300. Everything is gonna have been proven purchase. 

Now trying to sort out tools........... 

Thats awesome mate. I hope this works out for you . 

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Thats awesome mate. I hope this works out for you . 

Thanks DropBear its heart wrenching to walk into shed and find all of your good quality things missing. Also knowing how much hard earned money you’ve spent on it. My car alarm went off on my 80 series cruiser at 2am this morning so i launched from bed starkers and ran outside swearing and weilding a baseball bat. Didn’t anyone but if i did i would have scared them. I’m a big fella starkers! 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Man I really don't want that to happen to me... 

Anyone got tips on how to make sure you are covered? 

If you are through Suncorp they have or do endorse an app called trove which uses photos etc to record owner ship. After being through this I know you can also use photos on they’re own as proof. It’s a good idea to take photos of all your kit in Your own home and have record of this. And as much as it’s a stuff around you can always re adjust the list that was initially given to insurance and the cops. 3 months after I was done over I was still finding the odd thing that I don’t use often that was gone. I didn’t go down that path as I had already hit my content cover

13 minutes ago, natang said:

Thanks DropBear its heart wrenching to walk into shed and find all of your good quality things missing. Also knowing how much hard earned money you’ve spent on it. My car alarm went off on my 80 series cruiser at 2am this morning so i launched from bed starkers and ran outside swearing and weilding a baseball bat. Didn’t anyone but if i did i would have scared them. I’m a big fella starkers! 

Mate that would have made a great youtube live stream. 

12 minutes ago, jon said:

If you are through Suncorp they have or do endorse an app called trove which uses photos etc to record owner ship. After being through this I know you can also use photos on they’re own as proof. It’s a good idea to take photos of all your kit in Your own home and have record of this. And as much as it’s a stuff around you can always re adjust the list that was initially given to insurance and the cops. 3 months after I was done over I was still finding the odd thing that I don’t use often that was gone. I didn’t go down that path as I had already hit my content cover

I am with youi. I have the app so will check it out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey lads well I got some insurance money and decided instead of replacing the 20 rods and all the tools I bought a few rods and some tools and paid the credit card off so I am out of debt and cut the bastard up! So I bought today a lovely nice new Daiwa laird combo $150 down to $100, a Daiwa Laguna spin rod $99 down to $60 and a Daiwa Laguna spin 2500 reel $120 down to $80 from BCF Ipswich, since new store opens **** house range! Went to Anaconda just opened in Ipswich and bought two Daiwa Saltist PE 1-2 bait caster rods $130 down $100 each and a ugly stick 4-6kg boat rod for $40. A Jarvis walker bag with four trays for $30 down form $70 and now just need to slowly replace all tackle and lures.... 

I replaced my AEG cordless tools with a new pack and one set of kinchrome sockets and the spanner roll. Just thought it was best to get myself out of debt and slowly rebuild as opposed to being in debt and having loads of stuff..

10 hours ago, natang said:

Hey lads well I got some insurance money and decided instead of replacing the 20 rods and all the tools I bought a few rods and some tools and paid the credit card off so I am out of debt and cut the bastard up! So I bought today a lovely nice new Daiwa laird combo $150 down to $100, a Daiwa Laguna spin rod $99 down to $60 and a Daiwa Laguna spin 2500 reel $120 down to $80 from BCF Ipswich, since new store opens **** house range! Went to Anaconda just opened in Ipswich and bought two Daiwa Saltist PE 1-2 bait caster rods $130 down $100 each and a ugly stick 4-6kg boat rod for $40. A Jarvis walker bag with four trays for $30 down form $70 and now just need to slowly replace all tackle and lures.... 

I replaced my AEG cordless tools with a new pack and one set of kinchrome sockets and the spanner roll. Just thought it was best to get myself out of debt and slowly rebuild as opposed to being in debt and having loads of stuff..

Good stuff mate congratulations. hopefully some good from what must have been a confronting time for you. 🍾🎉

Have you ever thought of changing career to financial planning advice? i probably should just cut up my cards too. :frantics:

Archived