Status - Members V Club Member

Drop Bear

Edit: I may be lying ......... :whistle:  I think it came in a few years ago (and may still be a current option - not sure) where you could pay I think $15 per year to be a Club Member. I'm not sure what benefits it gives/gave you. You also had/have the option to use your points (shows up on your avatar) instead of paying actual cash - if you have enough points of course. This was to encourage forum participation.

I could be wrong but it was an idea that more or less died.

The site does cost money to run, probably more than people realize due to the volume of traffic and thus the hosting fees etc.

Time we give as well, we like the site I guess but the stuff that costs $ needs $'s generated somehow.

My memory suggests club membership was an idea to offer some perks and incentives for a small fee to be one of those revenue streams.

It never gained significant interest however.

Angus

Club Membership was an old feature where members could pay an annual fee to have some additional perks on the site. We closed taking Club Memberships and let the existing ones expire. Some of the existing members status as a Club Member has remained. Which we will probably change these few members back to normal members but also show some recognition of their contribution to AFO through another label or something. As the site has evolved over the last 12 years some features have dropped away due to either demand or software possibilities and so there is not perks additional to normal membership currently.

1 hour ago, AFO said:

Club Membership was an old feature where members could pay an annual fee to have some additional perks on the site. We closed taking Club Memberships and let the existing ones expire. Some of the existing members status as a Club Member has remained. Which we will probably change these few members back to normal members but also show some recognition of their contribution to AFO through another label or something. As the site has evolved over the last 12 years some features have dropped away due to either demand or software possibilities and so there is not perks additional to normal membership currently.

Thanks. 🙂

Archived