Plans For This Weekend Moreton Bay 8/9 September

Poddymullet

Hi All,

Fingers crossed I get my boat back by Friday cause the weather is looking pretty good. 

Apart from good hauls of winter whiting I haven’t landed any of my target species like long tail, Spaniards etc. 

Not wanting marks (although appreciated....just general area ... need to upgrade). Was planning on just staying between Bribie and the Cape - think I’ve found some rocky areas but the current is a shocker. 

Normally drift trying to find the bites and then anchor but the current is crazy. 

Good luck.  Other options are to put in at Bribie and go up to the Caloundra 12 mile, or launch at mooloolaba and fish all the reefs up here.  To be honest I haven’t fished northern Moreton Bay since I started fishing the sunny coast reefs over two years ago.  

This weekend for me will be another Toorbul comp in the passage. 

On 05/09/2018 at 7:03 AM, Doyley said:

Good luck.  Other options are to put in at Bribie and go up to the Caloundra 12 mile, or launch at mooloolaba and fish all the reefs up here.  To be honest I haven’t fished northern Moreton Bay since I started fishing the sunny coast reefs over two years ago.  

This weekend for me will be another Toorbul comp in the passage. 

I saw some big flathead amongst the oyster reef yesterday. There were plenty of Tarwine as well. 

On 04/09/2018 at 7:55 PM, Poddymullet said:

Hi All,

Fingers crossed I get my boat back by Friday cause the weather is looking pretty good. 

Apart from good hauls of winter whiting I haven’t landed any of my target species like long tail, Spaniards etc. 

Not wanting marks (although appreciated....just general area ... need to upgrade). Was planning on just staying between Bribie and the Cape - think I’ve found some rocky areas but the current is a shocker. 

Normally drift trying to find the bites and then anchor but the current is crazy. 

If you want a Longtail & Mac I would be fishing 2 hours either side of high tide as the prime time. The north wind will make it very choppy on Saturday but Sunday when it turns to a south it won't be as bad.

I will sent you a PM on location, then look for the birds😉

Got a late call for a Scarborough session in uncles boat. Needed to get my addiction hit so said yes for this morning while my boat getting fixed. 

Been a while since if was in open tinny ... now I remember why I wanted glass 🙂 she was a bit choppy this morning but the three of us headed to cockle banks. 

How good are winter whiting ... bloody feel like monsters hitting your 2-4kg line. Love it. They are the end of the season and big big big. 

Great morning catching fish and speaking s$&t, but can’t wait to get my b.o.a.t back. Knees and back are shot!

One of the kids wanted to take a look 🙂 how did everyone else go!

60BABEFB-F239-4DD0-AE58-268441F1ABF9.jpeg

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

Nice feed. Worms/squid/prawns/yabbies doing the damage ?

Hey @ellicat started off with cured beach worms, but I quickly switched to squid strips. Rig is a ball or bead sinker running to a swivel then double paternoster with small long shank (whiting hooks). Sometimes I flip this around with the weight at the end like a true bottom bouncing rig. 

Anchoring doesn't work as well as drifting based on my experience this winter across the banks...

Plenty of flounder and Tiger Flathead thrown into the mix. 

Archived