Shonk62

I have a 14' tinny that I purchased off a neighbors wife after he passed away 1 year ago. The tinny was a project , and like all projects it got way out of hand and has cost way too much. It is almost completely decked out and I hope to have it ready in 2 weeks. I now need to register it, I can't find a builders plate anywhere on the tinny, so not sure what I should do! I will get a capacity label from Qld Transport this week but any help on the label would be grateful. 

Cheers

IMG_0169.JPG

if it is an older hull it is quite possible it does not have one as they only commenced in the late 70s 

Do you know what brand of hull it is?

If you do not know a couple of photos would help

The manufacturer will be able to tell you where to look.

Have a look on the top of the transom and see if it has a HIN ( Hull identification number) stamped into the ally. I not see if you can get  a reciept to take to TMR when you register it. TMR will provide you with a new HIN if yu cannot locate.

old rego number would also assist

Cheers

Ray

Wow @Shonk62 that looks mint! What size mariner is it?

Can you post up a few more photos?

Also on the plate. Don't worry too much if you cant find it. My old one was on the front of the rear back bench seat in the middle.

Like the others said older boats didn't have one and Dept TPT can sort it out for you.

Just get a receipt from your neighbor if you can and go in there and it will work out. 

I can’t add anything to the HIN discussion but you might want to check the position of your Nav lights. Looks like they would only be visible from in front of the boat. They need to be visible to 112 degrees to the side. Hope this saves you time in the registration process and helps you avoid a ticket. Tinnie looks great.

On 16/09/2018 at 7:50 AM, Old Scaley said:

I can’t add anything to the HIN discussion but you might want to check the position of your Nav lights. Looks like they would only be visible from in front of the boat. They need to be visible to 112 degrees to the side. Hope this saves you time in the registration process and helps you avoid a ticket. Tinnie looks great.

Very good call mate. It looks like those lights are meant to be mounted on the side of the boat. You have keen eyes. 

On 16/09/2018 at 7:50 AM, Old Scaley said:

yes your right the lights are illegal to have them there pretty sure  they have to be 90dgr from the hull i had this problem and got a warning,there should be a plate on the inside of the back seat

Thank you all, the lights are being moved to the side this week.

The tinny was sanded by myself and another old boiler! I had the centre and front benches removed and the tinny braced for a floor by a mate, he also painted it for me. He did a beautiful job.

I have done all the floors, carpet  seats etc. It is now with a another guy to hook up all the wiring as that is a no go for me!!  I have also fitted a CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim.

I will post before and after pics soon.

Cheers

12 hours ago, Shonk62 said:

Thank you all, the lights are being moved to the side this week.

The tinny was sanded by myself and another old boiler! I had the centre and front benches removed and the tinny braced for a floor by a mate, he also painted it for me. He did a beautiful job.

I have done all the floors, carpet  seats etc. It is now with a another guy to hook up all the wiring as that is a no go for me!!  I have also fitted a CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim.

I will post before and after pics soon.

Cheers

Nice one mate. Look forward to seeing the pics. 

Archived