Fishing Around Pambula

cps

Hi Folks,

I'm about to head to Pambula for the school holidays with my partner and seven-year-old daughter. In my younger days I spent a lot of time fishing at Phillip Island (Victoria) as my parents had a holiday house there (Smiths Beach) and my late-Father was a very keen rock fisherman. When my parents (sadly) sold the house at Phillip Island I kept all the fishing gear which has been in storage for quite a while now! I have three rods - a surf rod, a boat rod and a light rod with a matching small spinning reel. I've also got a handline.

Just wondering where people would recommend for fishing around Pambula/Merimbula for me (surf/rocks) and also for my young daughter (maybe a pier where she can use a handline). Any info appreciated - times, tides, spots, bait, etc.

Cheers,

Chris

6 hours ago, cps said:

Hi Folks,

I'm about to head to Pambula for the school holidays with my partner and seven-year-old daughter. In my younger days I spent a lot of time fishing at Phillip Island (Victoria) as my parents had a holiday house there (Smiths Beach) and my late-Father was a very keen rock fisherman. When my parents (sadly) sold the house at Phillip Island I kept all the fishing gear which has been in storage for quite a while now! I have three rods - a surf rod, a boat rod and a light rod with a matching small spinning reel. I've also got a handline.

Just wondering where people would recommend for fishing around Pambula/Merimbula for me (surf/rocks) and also for my young daughter (maybe a pier where she can use a handline). Any info appreciated - times, tides, spots, bait, etc.

Cheers,

Chris

Sounds like a great trip you are planning. Wrong part of the world for me sorry. Welcome to AFO. I hope someone with more local knowledge can do better than I did. 

Archived