Catching Mullet With Rod And Reel

Rob@Lauchy

Hi Fisho’s

New to the forum, in fact first post!

Question, has anyone worked out how to catch mullet on a hook? Just to state the obvious, not a square hook and yes I can cast a net. Looking to catch those bigger kg+ mullet that jump all around my boat and seem to escape the net as it is sinking.

What bait or methods are used to master this dark art. Appreciate any wisdom that may be out there

Regs

On 01/10/2018 at 6:40 PM, Rob@Lauchy said:

Hi Fisho’s

New to the forum, in fact first post!

Question, has anyone worked out how to catch mullet on a hook? Just to state the obvious, not a square hook and yes I can cast a net. Looking to catch those bigger kg+ mullet that jump all around my boat and seem to escape the net as it is sinking.

What bait or methods are used to master this dark art. Appreciate any wisdom that may be out there

Regs

Mate I have caught quite a few. 

I like to use a float and a small amount of bread dough. 

Burly up with small amounts of bran. 

Don't underestimate them. they go hard! Really fun but they can be illusive. 

14 hours ago, Rob@Lauchy said:

Salt Dino

Thinking of hitting the pine this weekend mullet on the low, whiting on the rise just need to locate the yabbie banks there and exchange them for a few whiting

Hi Rob

Might be a bit late for you if you went fishing this morning, however if you are going tomorrow morning, I have over 100 fresh yabbies I pumped yesterday afternoon that I now cannot use so you can have them if you want mate, don't know if there are any yabbie banks in the Pine River anyway.

I intend to release them  this morning, however I can hang on to them till tomorrow morning so if you want them, so ring me on my mobile 0432643388 if you are interested and I will meet you at the boat ramp in the Pine, if you don't want them mate anyone else reading this post may be interested.

Ron  

Archived