13th Hour Success

wesfish

Gday , here is a quick run down on a 16 hour session I done at Copeton in my yak. I set off just before sunrise and started working the edges on the way up to the gorge. It took me 6 hours to get up to the gorge without a touch on surface, this was 10klms with the dam at 52%. A few boats asked if i needed a tow back to camp , I just laughed saying I still got alot of shoreline to work on the way back. I was called a mad bastard by one old fart lol I just kept casting and paddling till the sunset. 

8pm the full moon rises and I am 800mtrs from camp, I decide to work the last bay before my camp site.

Boom!! I get a surface strike, I keep the lure moving and right at the rod tip all hell breaks lose! I am on at the 13th hour, 86cm of cod on my own lure yeahaaaa. Few pics and let her free, 20mins later I am on again to a mtr plus. Shaking like crazy as I grab the leader to get the grips on her and i pull the hooks yak side NOOOO lol oh well. I keep casting for one more strike and call it quits at the 16th hour. Back to camp and have a hot shower. Next morning i set off back to the bay near camp and I hit a mid 60s cod straight up. I fished for an hour before calling it quits as the body was sore from the mega sesh the day before. 

P3111767.JPG

P3111773.JPG

P3121783.JPG

P3121779.JPG

P3111753.JPG

P3111750.JPG

P3121793.JPG

P3111761.JPG

On 17/10/2018 at 1:49 PM, ellicat said:

Big paddle !

Would be happy to be sore for a month to get a metrey boatside. Thanks for getting the dreaming going. Expect a PM before I head to Copeton.

Cheers mate, it is a beautiful place to camp and fish! Happy to give you some info on where to start 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived