AFO Xmas Party And Fresh Water Fishing Copetition Lake Moogerah 23 To 25th November

tugger

AFO would like to invite members, family and friends to the xmas party to be held at Lake Moogerah over the weekend of the 23rd to the 25th of November, on the Saturday of the 24th we will be having the Xmas party where we will have a competition running alongside of the party where we will have free entry for this competition for a chance to win some prizes for the best couple of Bass and Yellowbelly. This will be held at Lake Moogerah caravan park look for the gazebos flying the Ozfish flags and banners come for the day on Saturday or stay the whole weekend there are plenty of bass and yellowbelly to bend a fishing rod and if you are new to the area please don't be shy as many of us have plenty of local knowledge.

Bring a fold up chair there will be plenty of shade under our gazebos and if your staying a night or 2 we will have the campfire going at night and plenty of friendly banter to see out 1 of the last socials for the year with xmas fast approaching. Feel free to join this post and discuss the weekend of the AFO Xmas party I hope to see plenty of old and new members come along and join our community for what should be a great event.

Should work out well for a early morning fish on the Saturday then the Xmas party at lunch when it goes a bit quiet on the fishing. There is always plenty of room to pull the boats up on the bank during the middle of the day as many will have another fish at dusk.

After over 10 years living with his girl friend my brother is getting married that weekend in Melbourne. How rude 😁

So I,  won't be able to made it.

Just have to do a trip somewhere in between now and then.

Have a ball those who can make it.

I am getting some live shrimp from a supplier in Aratula the town just 10 minutes from the dam if anyone else is interested his number to arrange pick up is 54638226 then ask for directions. I will get to the dam by mid Friday morning and set up the gazebos Robbie will be bringing some Ozfish flags to identify our site which should be along the water side in front of the park office as you enter take the 1st right after you leave the office then look for our flags.

5 hours ago, tugger said:

I am getting some live shrimp from a supplier in Aratula the town just 10 minutes from the dam if anyone else is interested his number to arrange pick up is 54638226 then ask for directions. I will get to the dam by mid Friday morning and set up the gazebos Robbie will be bringing some Ozfish flags to identify our site which should be along the water side in front of the park office as you enter take the 1st right after you leave the office then look for our flags.

Should we all book? I have not stayed there. 

I will try to get right on the water hopefully I am early up there enough to do this I will take up a bbq and to keep it simple for lunch I was thinking sausages on bread what's everyone's thoughts. Saturday night we do a big cook up on the coals with rotisseries and camp ovens roasting away and salads, veges and desert following dinner. 

We have booked our group up at lake moogerah caravan park under the name WANDERERS this will give us a group booking discount when camping you will get $5 a night off per person so should be $10 per person each night you stay. Make sure you say you are with the wanderers group for the discount.

12 hours ago, tugger said:

We have booked our group up at lake moogerah caravan park under the name WANDERERS this will give us a group booking discount when camping you will get $5 a night off per person so should be $10 per person each night you stay. Make sure you say you are with the wanderers group for the discount.

Thanks mate. I booked a week ago. I am really looking forward to this.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, Drop Bear said:

I just heard there is a yak group going up there as well. I have invited them to the fishing comp. Could be interesting. 🙂

I am more than happy to take the comp stuff away from where we are set up for camping. 

All good what ever suits us all I heard of the Kayak group as well going up there

• 2 weeks later...

It is looking like a big weekend with plenty of people coming.

Saturday night we are having our usual roast dinner feast with all the meat cooked on spits and in the camp ovens on the fire.

Saturday nights dinner is for everyone there and we always ask that everyone brings an item of food to donate for the nights feast.

It can be some meat for roasting, veggies, salads or desserts for later on so if everyone here that is coming for the weekend please post up what you would like to bring for the dinner so we can make sure that we have everything that is needed.

If you bring a chook for the spits, please make sure they are a smaller size as the spits are only small and big chooks are not the easiest to turn on them.

I will add to this list as everyone lets me know what they can bring.

Mark: Chook

Mark: Butterscotch Pudding

Lance: 5kg Bag Potatoes

Lance: Pavlova, Fruit & Fresh Cream

Lance: Bag Peas and Beans

Robbie: Leg of Venison

Dave: Leg of Lamb or Wild Pork

Kev: 2 x Potato Salad

Kev: 2 x Coleslaw

Kev: 2 x Bags Salad

Mick: Chook

Mick: Garlic Bread

Mick: Whole Pumpkin

Old Scaley: Roast Beef

Shane: Turducken

Shane: Salad

Aaron: Roast Pork

Aaron: Carrots

Aaron: Small Pumpkin

Friday Nights Dinner

Robbie: Venison Stew with Dumplings

Rob: Curried Sausages and Rice.

Pretty sure I am coming to this one. I will drag the tinny along and happy to provide a deckie spot for anyone who doesn’t have a seat already, especially if they have some idea about dam fishing because I have no idea. A couple of questions - is there a shop there for basics like fuel, ice and milk? I have some firewood at home that I can bring. Would that help? Not sure what to bring for the cook up, so can you see what is missing? @Drop Bear, can we use the OzFish bbq on Friday night?  How many shrimp would be right for a day’s fishing and how do you keep them alive overnight?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a novice at freshwater fishing. Last one - do you need a SIP permit?

3 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Pretty sure I am coming to this one. I will drag the tinny along and happy to provide a deckie spot for anyone who doesn’t have a seat already, especially if they have some idea about dam fishing because I have no idea. A couple of questions - is there a shop there for basics like fuel, ice and milk? I have some firewood at home that I can bring. Would that help? Not sure what to bring for the cook up, so can you see what is missing? @Drop Bear, can we use the OzFish bbq on Friday night?  How many shrimp would be right for a day’s fishing and how do you keep them alive overnight?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a novice at freshwater fishing. Last one - do you need a SIP permit?

It would be good if you come, we havn't caught up for ages now.

I have not been to Moogerah myself but I presume there would be a shop there.

Mark would be best to answer that as he goes there all the time.

Some firewood would be great.

I am taking 200 shrimp but the amount needed will depend on how well the fish are biting or how much you hang around the camp and drink,lol

A bucket full of small holes and a weight in the bottom is how I keep my shrimp alive. I tie it off a tree or off the back of the boat and drop in into the lake.

Out in the boat I use a container with a battery operated aquarium air pump.

You will need a SIPS for that dam.

9 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

The camp office shop has ice and that's about it I would suggest getting all your needs at a service station before getting to the dam. I also have a keeper bucket the same as Lance I use zippy ties to keep 2 snapper leads on the outside of the bucket near the bottom of the sides if that makes sense.

9 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Hey Old Scaley,

Yes the BBQ will be going all the time. Anyone that would like to use it is welcome. I will get it seasoned today.

@Old Scaley I'd love to be decky if it suits? the only problem is that I will be doing the fishing comp stuff from time to time.

It would be great if I can use the OzFish Trailer and leave my boat at home. Easier to pack all the stuff on my own rather than hurling it onto the boat. 

Archived