What Dreams Are Made Of

Dinodadog

Luke (Basshunter ) and myself, filled a lot of our dreams over the last 2 days.We attended the PRFMA tagging survey at North Pine Dam and had a ball, exploring parts of the dam we havnt seen before and catching fish wherever we went.Luke was casting spinnerbaits and I was mainly casting jackal squirels to the edges, spinnerbaits won, but I won on the jigging, overall we probably came out fairly even for the 2 days.I dont even know the numbers as Luke was the office boy recording the numbers, but at a rough guess I would say around 150.Luke was lucky enough to recapture a fish that I had tagged the day before.As Ray said a lot of good results will help PRFMA know whats going on in our dam.I might have overdone the pics of me, but I dont often have someone in the boat to take pics. Luke might add some pics I took of him with his camera.

Dino

PA250003.JPG

PA250005.JPG

PA250008.JPG

PA250010.JPG

PA250011.JPG

PA250013.JPG

PA260014.JPG

PA260015.JPG

PA260017.JPG

PA260019.JPG

PA260022.JPG

PA260025.JPG

PA260026.JPG

PA260029.JPG

PA260033.JPG

2 long days on the water, resulting in numb bum syndrome 😂. May have to upgrade the skipper's chair.

32 bass all up all except 5 were tagged. Plenty of miss hits and dropped ones.

Most of the bass were hooked on the side of the head making me think that they were giving the lures shoulder hits.

Best were a 480 mm at 1.64 Kg and a 470 mm at 1.70 Kg. 

Also looks like the female bass are reabsorbing their eggs as their bellies are not as round as few weeks ago.

20181026-1, NPD.JPG

Prior to 2010 when the SIP funding became available the PRFMA stocked aprox 900,000 bass fingerlings.

Since then the sip monies have been augmented by the PRFMA to allow another 600,000 to be  stocked

Similar figures for golden perch.

SIP monies not been used to stock toga.

Prior to 2010 all public areas of the dam were available to the public to fish free of charge.

Aprox monies from sips since 2010 is $146 k

Aprox monies from PRFMA is $178k.

In future monies from sips is going to be at least 50% less due to PRFMA being rorted in the new formula for dispensing funds.

Ray or Luc

Is there any publicly available logbook data summarising the number of  individual anglers fishing and associated catches. Not after names or anything, just an idea of who is fishing and catching over the year?

Cheers

Norm

No publicly available data as far as I'm aware.

There is catch data for those who have boating access permits but not generally published.

With the recent extension of the SIP program to many more dams, weirs etc... You'd assume that there would have been a significant increase in SIP dollars received. I personally doubt this because with the virtually non-existant policing of SIPs, the chances of getting pinged are remote especially as you move away from the major population centres.

Thanks Luc

I've been pulled up twice at Borumba in as many years. I guess I pick the worst times to go (but still with a valid permit or course:))

I'd be interested in the BAS breakdown if it ever became publicly available.

Cheers

Norm

• 1 month later...
On 31/10/2018 at 1:48 PM, Dinodadog said:

yes mine is on phone now and 5 others in tackle box, backpack etc etc just in case I dont have the phone with me.

I have a permit but have never been asked to show it. I need to be better at having it with me all the time. 

Is a photo of your permit on your phone good enough? 

Archived