Dinodadog

south queensland What Dreams Are Made Of

Prior to 2010 when the SIP funding became available the PRFMA stocked aprox 900,000 bass fingerlings.

Since then the sip monies have been augmented by the PRFMA to allow another 600,000 to be  stocked

Similar figures for golden perch.

SIP monies not been used to stock toga.

Prior to 2010 all public areas of the dam were available to the public to fish free of charge.

Aprox monies from sips since 2010 is $146 k

Aprox monies from PRFMA is $178k.

In future monies from sips is going to be at least 50% less due to PRFMA being rorted in the new formula for dispensing funds.

Ray or Luc

Is there any publicly available logbook data summarising the number of  individual anglers fishing and associated catches. Not after names or anything, just an idea of who is fishing and catching over the year?

Cheers

Norm

No publicly available data as far as I'm aware.

There is catch data for those who have boating access permits but not generally published.

With the recent extension of the SIP program to many more dams, weirs etc... You'd assume that there would have been a significant increase in SIP dollars received. I personally doubt this because with the virtually non-existant policing of SIPs, the chances of getting pinged are remote especially as you move away from the major population centres.

Thanks Luc

I've been pulled up twice at Borumba in as many years. I guess I pick the worst times to go (but still with a valid permit or course:))

I'd be interested in the BAS breakdown if it ever became publicly available.

Cheers

Norm

Young Luke and I were pulled up at borumba 2 years a go we were right up the yabba arm,we left our permits in the car and they made us go all the way back to get them. Treated us like criminals until we produced, then tried to be nice.