Jiggle Jiggle Cast Cast

Dinodadog

Started off cool and overcast this morning, but alas it didnt last long, next came the heat followed by the winds. I put a bit of time in casting this morning and was rewarded well.Headed off then trolling until I found a few willing schools to jig to. Finished up back casting to the edges for a few more on the way back up the dam.Finished up with 54 bass and one yellow plus a good sized spangle this morning.

Dino

PB020001.JPG

PB020002.JPG

PB020003.JPG

PB020004.JPG

PB020006.JPG

PB020007.JPG

PB020008.JPG

PB020009.JPG

PB020012.JPG

PB020016.JPG

PB020021.JPG

PB020022.JPG

Even though the males gards and tends the eggs, I suspect survival of the eggs & fry is not great especially since the tilapia invasion.

When the dam was first built you could catch some craker spanglies some pushing almost 1 Kg. 

They then overbred and stunted. When bass were stocked, size got better for a while.

Since they had to compete with stocked fish you don't see or catch many.

Would be awsome if they grew to 2 Kgs or so.

PS only ended up with 5 bass on the troll, no takers for bank casting.

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, Luc53 said:

Even though the males gards and tends the eggs, I suspect survival of the eggs & fry is not great especially since the tilapia invasion.

When the dam was first built you could catch some craker spanglies some pushing almost 1 Kg. 

They then overbred and stunted. When bass were stocked, size got better for a while.

Since they had to compete with stocked fish you don't see or catch many.

Would be awsome if they grew to 2 Kgs or so.

PS only ended up with 5 bass on the troll, no takers for bank casting.

They are a great fish. I'd love to see a 1kg version. 

Archived