Rescue At Fingal Head

benno573

Just saw this one on the news.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/11/25/21/16/fingal-head-rescue-fishermen-tide

Knowing the area very well after fishing there for many years, I cannot see how this could come as a shock to any fisherman.

While I am of course glad that no-one was seriously injured, this is a serious waste of emergency services time and resources to assist some people who were clearly totally inexperienced and grossly under prepared.  I hope they are "compelled" to contribute to the bill for the rescue.

Rant over. 😂

Personally I would have sat it out until the tide was low enough to cross and therefore avoid the humiliation of appearing like a goose on national tv. Dehydration can always be fixed by several beers once you are safe and sound, national degradation is a bit longer lasting.

Good practice for the rescue team though.

I didn't se that on the news. That is a bloody waste. If they were stranded for 6 hours then they had been cut off for 6 hours meaning the tide would have been on its way out again and they would have been able to cross soon after this took place. Anyways I've fished there numerous mornings and afternoon for Tailor in July and yes you get cut off but you can also just stay and fish for a while... Notice there faces are covered in the photos. I hope they have to pay the cost of their "rescue:.

2 hours ago, natang said:

I didn't se that on the news. That is a bloody waste. If they were stranded for 6 hours then they had been cut off for 6 hours meaning the tide would have been on its way out again and they would have been able to cross soon after this took place. Anyways I've fished there numerous mornings and afternoon for Tailor in July and yes you get cut off but you can also just stay and fish for a while... Notice there faces are covered in the photos. I hope they have to pay the cost of their "rescue:.

Yep. It is reasonable that anglers should know enough about the water to know that tides go in and out. 

Again I hope they gave a big donation.

Archived