Help: What's This Called? 90's Yammy

LachlanQuinnie

• 1 month later...

Good day to You,

The name is Rob and unfortunately I have been off line for a bit due to work commitments but came across your question. In South Africa  that bracket is known as a steering pivot shaft collar it's the unit that attaches to the actual pivot shaft by means of two nuts size m14 metric. A good suggestion is to get a good stainless steel person to make you one as that will never suffer the fate yours has. However I will recommend that you check your hydraulic units slide that it's is moving correctly when the steering is being used and also when the motor tilts that it is not putting pressure on the collar resulting in that failure. Hope this helps. 

Good boating and right lines

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2019 at 8:17 AM, Robert Allen said:

Good day to You,

The name is Rob and unfortunately I have been off line for a bit due to work commitments but came across your question. In South Africa  that bracket is known as a steering pivot shaft collar it's the unit that attaches to the actual pivot shaft by means of two nuts size m14 metric. A good suggestion is to get a good stainless steel person to make you one as that will never suffer the fate yours has. However I will recommend that you check your hydraulic units slide that it's is moving correctly when the steering is being used and also when the motor tilts that it is not putting pressure on the collar resulting in that failure. Hope this helps. 

Good boating and right lines

Pro tip.

Archived