Please login or register to see this quote.

I guess my first question would be, given my inexperience, and fishing off a jetski, any tips on the species type to fish for given this time of year in Moreton Bay?  Then I can search the forum for tips on rigging, bait, etc.  Cheers!

Sean, how are you mate, Fishing Monthly pages can be a good start:  Please login or register to see this link.

..and I found a jet ski forum linked to fishing....Please login or register to see this link.

do you buzz round the whole bay (annoying fisherman) LOL or stick close to the shore?

Check this page out when you can Sean - the Moreton Bay info is put on by a guy named Spero who fishes regularly. The info is up to date, accurate and very helpful, and will normally let you know where/when the school mackerel (troll a metal spoon using a paravane/anchor and burley with pilchards on ganged hooks or vertically retrieve metal slugs), spottie mackerel (look for birds - they will tell you when they are working on the surface and then throw metal slugs and retrieve fast), snapper/grass sweetlip (around Green Island and Peel Island), winter whiting and squid are biting. Have a bit of a look at his previous reports and updates and you'll get the general gist of it - the sweetlip come on during the warmer months, as do the spotties, whereas the schoolies, whiting and squire are around all year round.

Hi Benno,

Wow, that is so much great information, and I am so grateful you took the time to share!

You have me thinking about my lighting as well now (besides nav lights) to allow to target better times. I have only fished daylight hours, so you post has highlighted the better times to go, and the ability to see would be an advantage 🙂 

Thanks again, very much appreciated!

Sean

No worries mate, happy to share what I know and what I have worked out.  Hope to see some good reports come through soon.

Seeing isn't the difficult bit - a good headlamp will fix that on a ski.  Much more important to be seen with a good all round white light and red/green nav lights.

Mate firstly welcome and this site is full of amazing info and knowledge from some bloody awesome fishos! Secondly fantastic rig. If you don't mind me asking how much was the rig... I might be getting posted out west for work and I will be selling my boat and looking at buying a jet ski just for ease in towing long distances...