my first tackle world experience!

kriso

hey guys and girls,

just a quick a one, went for drive today and thought i might hit up tackle world at underwood. well i can say for those that dont live over that way like me its certainly worth the drive to see plastic man and the guys there, they have a great range and its definatley worth picking plastics brain if your a novice like me. also the prices are pretty good, and the range of lures and everything else is great if you cant find something to suit ur use and budget then it doesnt exist, thank again plastic man for answering my annoying questions and pointing me in the right direction. oh and had to buy one of those jackall chub deep thingo lures that ando and troy were talkin about while i was there so hopefully i can post my first HB caught fish soon.

Cheers Kriso :)

blue_mako wrote:

Haha, your now officially my enemy then :P . I work at the BCF just up the road, sorry to say it but we are sooo much better then you B) :laugh: .

Troy

Good stuff Troy! are u part time/casual or full time?

AFO has members at all the majors I think.

To the best of my knowledge I am the only Amart man (?)

Plastic Man is at Tackle World.

You are at BCF, as is Reef Raider.

Nastymind is at Anaconda

Do we have a man at Jones Tackle Lutwytch?

Any more to add to the list?

Rocket

Rocket75 wrote:

blue_mako wrote:
Haha, your now officially my enemy then :P . I work at the BCF just up the road, sorry to say it but we are sooo much better then you B) :laugh: .

Troy

Good stuff Troy! are u part time/casual or full time?

AFO has members at all the majors I think.

To the best of my knowledge I am the only Amart man (?)

Plastic Man is at Tackle World.

You are at BCF, as is Reef Raider.

Nastymind is at Anaconda

Ando works at Jones Tackle

Any more to add to the list?

Rocket

For what it stocks Big W is probably as good a price as you will get. But I try and share it around, keep everyone in business :) .

Very good chance for a career in Big W Flathead, got a mate who made Store Manager by 25. Not hugely paid, (country town store) but got a company car, and a heap of 18 yo check out chicks on tap!

blue_mako wrote:

Troy

I might drop into BCF this arvo if I get time. You can show me how much better your prices on River Raiders are :P

Oh and this time if I see you I'll say gday

Tackleworld is great. Angus picked up my new Freams Kix from there just before the BRC. I christened it on the saturday evening with my first plastic caught bream. Very happy with myself. Look forward to giving it a work out at Stradbroke over the Christmas break.

Tanya

My Birthday soon Plasicman and I just got the Tackleworld catalogue delivered to my desk. Do you get commision because I want a few things.

I would like a new small reel or 2 for the Yak. Cheap ones because they are allways wet. What are the Okima $99 ones like? Or the Pflueger $129. (I don't get the sizes what's 50,60,70 & 80 mean?)

The Quickset Rod holder looks OK too @ $29.99 (good price), I'll have one of them.

I need some new squshie shoes for $29.99. and some of them floating tools for $10, and those delux rod rack looks sweet, need new shirts, some new sunnies and a new hat.

I notice you have gulps 3 for the price of 2 - arrrr no thanks any HB's.

Now what have you got in the way of rods?

I'm pretty sure that the sizes for Okuma are the same as Shimano and Daiwa but they are divided by 100. So 30 = 3000, 40 = 4000, etc.

The Okuma Travertine (around $90 or so I think)is a very smooth reel but the external screws get tarnished pretty quickly (doesn't hinder performance) and the line roller rusted up on mine after 1 year of excellant performance. Every other part of the reel is still as smooth as the day I got it, but the roller bearing doesn't move at all, sadly. Oh well, new reel is coming in 4 more days:woohoo:

Archived