Xmas gifts from Santa Schultz

viperon1982

Decided to do a solo bit of hardbody fishing at schultz canal this morning. The canal was seriously OVERFLOWING when I got there at 930am. Had to trudge around barefooted as there was mud everywhere. Less than an hour and I've got my first ever bream on a HB! Total exhilaration!! It went 24cm and it being my first HB fish, into the bag it went! Thanks Santa!

Next up Santa Schultz gave me a lil cattie on the HB. 2nd HB fish on the 2nd hour. Then as the tide went down, I fished under the bridge near the rocks and was rewarded with a 23cm cod. The cat and cod went back in of course, I'll get the cod when he's much bigger!

Don't own a camera and my phone camera is screwed. So I had to bug my mate to take a photo of the bream when I got home. Will upload it in a bit.

Have been hooked on HBs since a few days ago when I saw a bream jump outta the water snapping at my HB while I was retrieving it. Gave me a nice fright at that! So being my only 2nd attempt with HBs and my 2nd time at Schultz, I'm pretty elated about today's fishing!

boon wrote:

Hey viper, good stuff on the hbs. The last time I was at schultz was the first time ever caught anything on hbs too and I too am hooked. You're not back home for hols?

Thanks buddy. Nope I'm doing a summer unit and exams are on Chinese New Year... so not going back, and plus I'm applying for my PR so I kinda have to stay here. MORE fishing! haha!

Yourself?

mackmauler wrote:

Good one mack! Many times I've been deceived by that lure. Thank god the rattling reminds me right before my attempts to fillet it! :laugh:

whatnow wrote:

It's a great workout I must say. Chucking HBs on baitcasters for 4 hours nonstop has strengthened my upper body! haha. It's definitely a great challenge to get something on an HB. Hope u get yours soon!

pinkey wrote:

That's a DUEL (YO-ZURI) Hardcore Wo.B.RU mid-depth 60mm 11g floating-type lure. Bream and the cattie were caught on this. The cod was taken using a mid-water version. I'll put up some photos of these lures soon.

Bream was taken right at my foot near a rocky ledge of the river bank amongst some mangrove shrubs. Cattie in the open. Cod was hooked at a rocky bottom right under the bridge.

I'm still very new to HBs though. But I guess everyone would suggest casting near, in, and around structures. But it can be daunting when you've not mastered perfect casts and where there're strong winds as well. Dont wanna lose my precious lures! :P

All credit and thanks to Kiara for recommending these lures to me. They bloody do work!!!

viperon1982 wrote:

boon wrote:
Hey viper, good stuff on the hbs. The last time I was at schultz was the first time ever caught anything on hbs too and I too am hooked. You're not back home for hols?

Thanks buddy. Nope I'm doing a summer unit and exams are on Chinese New Year... so not going back, and plus I'm applying for my PR so I kinda have to stay here. MORE fishing! haha!

Yourself?

I've just started work recently so I'll only be going home for a week early jan. Plus side is that I get to chase more sharks and threadfins! Haha. We should get together for a fish sometime. Pm me if u looking for someone to join ya. Merry christmas

I got an SX48 for chrissy so had to give it a try today. Paddled up Nundah creek and found a good channel. I got a Flatty first cast then in the next hour 7 bream, a catfish and a mulloway that was only marginally bigger than the lure.

I'm hooked now, better than SP's I reckon. Heres my first bream on a HB, smaller than yours.:( and the biggest of the day on a lure

Cheers,

Tom [img size=160]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/26102007.jpg

post-1039-144598437234_thumb.jpg

viperon1982 wrote:

As promised, here're the Yozuri Wo.B.Ru Hardcore crankbait lures I used at Schultz this morning.

Top: shallow in holographic shad

Middle: mid water in holographic gold black

Bottom: mid deep in painted shad

[img size=493]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Duel_Hardcore_wo.jpg

Guezz they are sweet looking lures, how much and where?

Brian D wrote:

viperon1982 wrote:
As promised, here're the Yozuri Wo.B.Ru Hardcore crankbait lures I used at Schultz this morning.

Top: shallow in holographic shad

Middle: mid water in holographic gold black

Bottom: mid deep in painted shad

[img size=493]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Duel_Hardcore_wo.jpg

Guezz they are sweet looking lures, how much and where?

mate, angus took almost every colour off me, 4 different models. you can have a looksee at his lot if you like. Jones's is selling some of em, AUD25++ ea. Do let me know by PM if you're interested.

Archived