Show us your Dogs

pcsolutionman

• 1 year later...

This is Louie the Wonderdog having a coffee with me from Lure at the Yeppoon foreshore ealy one morning. He's eight in February and a great little dog. His mum died from a snakebite when he was around three weeks old so was hand reared. He's very timid for a JR and is scared of his own shadow. My daughter bought it for me to replace our old dog from a place near Bendigo.

221115 - Louie Yeppoon - 1.jpeg

221115 - Louie Yeppoon - 2 - 1.jpeg

The reason I am happy to see the arse end of 2022….lost this awesome girl in August to an unknown disease that destroyed her liver and lungs in only a few weeks.   Pure bred German Short Haired Pointer, would hunt anything that moved.  Used to kill snakes by the dozen until she got a bit older then left them alone.  

Would catch and release toad fish in the shallows at Nudgee Beach, and if we were up visit parents at Bribie she would scent the schools of bait fish in the ocean - best thing I never got a video of, was a pod of dolphins had penned a small school of bait fish against the beach on red beach….she was straight in and swimming with the dolphins until I could get her out (worried about any sharks that might have been in for a cheap feed).

5B1A2D58-6775-4411-91D1-CE5823536405.jpeg

3 hours ago, Huxstang said:

1F9FEF04-0546-4885-827D-277FF4D40D93.MOV1F9FEF04-0546-4885-827D-277FF4D40D93.MOV

The reason I am happy to see the arse end of 2022….lost this awesome girl in August to an unknown disease that destroyed her liver and lungs in only a few weeks.   Pure bred German Short Haired Pointer, would hunt anything that moved.  Used to kill snakes by the dozen until she got a bit older then left them alone.  

Would catch and release toad fish in the shallows at Nudgee Beach, and if we were up visit parents at Bribie she would scent the schools of bait fish in the ocean - best thing I never got a video of, was a pod of dolphins had penned a small school of bait fish against the beach on red beach….she was straight in and swimming with the dolphins until I could get her out (worried about any sharks that might have been in for a cheap feed).

5B1A2D58-6775-4411-91D1-CE5823536405.jpeg

Yeah, Just love the GSP's.😍

Was always going to get one for hunting but for some reason or 

other never did.Love reading hunting stories about them.

On 31/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, Angry51 said:

Yeah, Just love the GSP's.😍

Was always going to get one for hunting but for some reason or 

other never did.Love reading hunting stories about them.

Had 5 of them now.  Great hunters, can be a bit strong willed and the energy levels are next level which makes people think they are dumb (probably the opposite) - it just needs to be focussed through hunting exercise (doesnt have to be real hunting) just the stuff that they are wired for - scenting and running.  Do that and they are pretty placid around the house.