Bad Boys @ Hinze 16/5/08

rayke1938

Met Jamie at watertower ramp at 6am and went to opposite bank to see what was around. Fish were non existant on the sounder so we just drifted around soaking shrimp and casting lures and spinners to the bank.

I managed to get a nice 40 plus bass on shrimp and that was all.

P1010232AFO-1.jpg

Mandatory reflection shot with the extended quarry in the background.

P1010233AFO-1.jpg

We then trolled down to Teds Waterfall which looks completely different with the dam being full.

P1010234AFO-1.jpg

Got a couple of rat bass there and then went back to point at entrance of waterfall where we had seen a few fish on the sounder on the way in.

Nibble nibble B!!! banded grunter.

Moved to Bonnors May where John Ford got a bass around 33cm plus some more rats.

We then moved over the other side of the dam to Kevs Cove where we had a visit from the ranger who said " You are fishing in the wrong place" I nearly said Too right nothing here.

He then told us that we were not allowed to come past the narrows.

He said that there was no notices at this stage and a bouy line is going to be installed but we had to go back to the narrows and he waited until we left.

Trolled along the narrows and fished the points for nil results.

Amused myself watching myself jigging a g vibe on the sounder. Reckon came close to jagging a fish a couple of times.

P1010236AFO.jpg

Back at ramp around oneish where Jamie got his only catch of the day. He found a surface popper beside the ramp.

I tried to ring the rangers office when I got home for some clarification re the boundarys but no answer.

I then rang the Hinze Dam Stage3 freecall number and was told that the only exclusion zone is within 1 kilometer of the dam wall and we were about 1.5 ks away according to the maps that I have looked at.

Cheers

Ray

Archived