Line Help

fishyman

ok so,

ive had a play with a few brands if braid and i like the feel of sufix performance braid. Please dont reply with i tried it and it sucked etc etc ive had a feel of it it and i like the feel and want to check it out.

heres the question,

i will need 2 spools one for each of my new combo's

Combo 1: Shimmy Biomaster C2000, 2-4lb GUSA custom

i am thinking ill put 10lb or 6lb sufix on this combo, i know 10lb is overlining but then again i might need the extra abrasion resistance. Do you think its necessary to go 10lb or do you think 6lb is enough and ample for snapper up to 50cm? mostly around pan size

*this combo used for throwing 1/12-1/4 jigs with 4-5inch plastics in fairly shallow water, also used for breaming and bassing

Combo 2: Shimano Biomaster C3000, 6-17lb GUSA custom

thinking ill go 20lb on this with 15lb on a spare spool i intend on purchasing, your thoughts?

*this combo used to throw 1/8 - 1 ounce jigs with 4-7 inch plastics in shallow to mid depth water

your advice please

in regards to fishing for Snaps/ Bream on 6 or 10lbs. a lot will depend on where you are fishing

I have pulled plenty of Bream and Snaps from in and around Pylons, heavy bommie and rubble areas. 6-10lbs could be considered suicide

Snaps tend to fight fair, Bream dont. A lot of the time you will need to fish, locked drag and turn the fish asap.

Just food for thought

Archived