Fishermans Island NEWS!!! MUST READ

BassTracker

As most of you are probably aware there is or was a padock of water in behind the fishermans island rosck walls. Its been shut off from the tidal water for a long time but when it was originaly closed in, it was closed in fish and all!. There have been stories of covert fishing trips to this area as well as legitimate trips made by those in the know (friends in port authority!) There have been some monumental catches in there including huge snapper and flathead, big bream and a few jew, fingermark, whiting, tailor and others. The food supply was great and there was very little fishing and these fish got BIG!! Well last weekend they filled it in but before they were able to do so the greenies got on to it and ordered it be netted and the fish released back into the "wild" they apparently pulled up close to 15 tone of fish. AND guess where they were released???

STRAIGHT INTO THE BRISBANE RIVER MOUTH!!!

too good to be true..

Well I'll post pictures soon!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saltshaker wrote:

15 tonn hey..well after evertyone reads this it will be back to neutral..ahah well im hopefully hitting it with tur85 thursday

yeah i think we'll be there man. might book in the RDO tommorrow actually. hopefully there's some big 1kg bruisers cruising round........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz TTWWWAAAAAAAAAAAANNG

My mate matt from port authority is just waiting for the ok to release his pictures. he said it was crazy and thinks that most of the fish would have stuck close to the fishermans islands rocks.. I think there will be some direct benifit throughout the bay especialy mud island but Id say the rock walls with fresh livies and plastics should see you land some somewhat uninteligent fish.. haha.

What an opportunity!!

Just remember guys if it does fire up, put back what you wont eat.. haha

I had a mate pick up an 81 cm flathead on the mudflats opposite fishermans islands and took it home cause he got too excited only to find it was jam packed full of eggs.,.. silly bugger haha

BassTracker wrote:

Just remember guys if it does fire up, put back what you wont eat.. haha

I had a mate pick up an 81 cm flathead on the mudflats opposite fishermans islands and took it home cause he got too excited only to find it was jam packed full of eggs.,.. silly bugger haha

not to mention the fact you're required to release those big girls

Archived