Fishermans Island NEWS!!! MUST READ

BassTracker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malcolm wrote:

I would of thought if this happened on a weekend someone on here would of seen it, can,t imagine it would of been something you could miss if you were out there fishing.

Not saying it did not happen, just surprised nobody saw it.

cait agree more or that it was not on the news or the papers ?

BassTracker wrote:

Im not sure what they are going to be fishing for on thier "Family Fishing Day" because they certainly did dump a stack of fish, I just spoke with Chuck Norris aswell.. he's not happy with you guys..

Good, fishing shud b awesum this weekend then. Fingers X'd

oh i'm not trying to start a war of words... I was just trying to get confirmation on this from my Port contact... and he says no bingo on the release..

But I guess we'll see after Sunday.. I think he's attending this fish session so we'll see what he says when he gets back from it.

I just had a quick look on the Port of Brisbane website. They have a series of aerial images of the port since 2005. There is obviously work being done to reclaim the land but given the 3 year period to get this far I am dubious that the remainder could have been filled in since the last shot in June 2008.

image 1/4 [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/0512.jpg

post-2889-144598467334_thumb.jpg

There has been a lot more work done out there than you might think, if you are heading out the mouth two or three times a week like I am luck enough to you'll see just how much has been done in the last six months\!! Its like they are turbo charging the whole opperation, not sure why but its full steam ahead at the moment..

went out mouth of brizzy river today, they had one of the open days, and the blokes were catching considerably less and smaller fish than normal.

was high tide, so stood up on the boat and could see in, definatly not filled in, but the dredges just after the wharfs have moved and they have demolished about 400metres of rock wall there and its now all sand/dirt.

apart from that, caught pretty much nothing. FI boatramp was chockers though.

i was out there this morning chasing bream at the end and the people fishing the port walls infront of me were getting plenty

of really good bream some of them were over 50 cm easy

heaps better than the 21-27cm models we were getting

also saw squire flathead cod caught

These fish were caught today in the port reclaimed area by a friend of mine(using my gear... so i got to eat them!). Seems a few made it through the nets. going by numbers of fish caught, this is the best catch i have seen from 3 trips at this spot.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fish_Layer_1.jpg

Sorry the lighting is dodgy... thats why im not a photographer.

post-1348-144598467514_thumb.jpg

Archived