Wivenhoe 14/08 3 PB's

Beefa

Launched from Logans this morning with Suds from the site as my deckie, our mission to nail a few decent bass.

I was trolling a Predatek Boomerang 65d in black beetle and Suds a Jackall TN 60 in purple. I was first to hook up, a first and new PB at the sametime for me a yella belly at 53cm a big fat one...stoked!!!!!

Suds was next to hook up and this was a PB for him a nice fat little bass at 35cm fl. Then making our way back to the launch site I hooked up to new PB bass and upgrade measuring in at 39cm fl and a really fat gut as you can see by the photo.

Great little session and a cracker of a day to be out peddling on Big W.

All fish were released after happily smiling for a few quick snaps.

Cheers for reading.

Heath [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/wivenhoe_011.jpg

post-1898-14459846889_thumb.jpg

Very well done indeed.

Can you elaborate on your yella capture at all. I would like to know what depth you caught it in (that lure dives to 4.5m I think), was it near any structure, and how far from the bank was it. Anything else that you think is relevant.

Only caught one from there but wanting to increase on that.

WayneD wrote:

Very well done indeed.

Can you elaborate on your yella capture at all. I would like to know what depth you caught it in (that lure dives to 4.5m I think), was it near any structure, and how far from the bank was it. Anything else that you think is relevant.

Only caught one from there but wanting to increase on that.

Wayne it was taken in about 20 odd foot of water not too far off the bank abit of rock structure around I think the 65d might go a little deeper than 4.5m I thought more like 5-6meters and the ud's are like 7meters I thought. Other than that mate not much else stands out we were trolling for bass so it was a welcome by catch, we weren't peddling the outfitter that quick just enough to get the lures down and working but the darker colours definately seem to do the trick out there.

Hope this helps

Heath

Archived