Cast netting in the River

Red Dog

Where's a good place to throw the cast net in the Brissie River to get some livies. Without the local knowledge, snags tend to ruin the net if you don't know the bottom. I'm in the Centenary suburbs and wouldn't mind having a crack at some sharks or threadies. I used to hear rumours of some big holes that used to hold sharks and jewies under the Centenary Bridge at Jindalee but have never tried there.

howdy red dawggg! yeah craploads of spots, any pontoon should have something hiding under/around it..even moreso at night if it has a light on it... breaky creek is full of livies but no snags can't be assured.. jindalee boat ramp in your area has been known for prawns in the past..also up around the goodna boat ramp...

Red Dog wrote:

I'm in the Centenary suburbs and wouldn't mind having a crack at some sharks or threadies. I used to hear rumours of some big holes that used to hold sharks and jewies under the Centenary Bridge at Jindalee but have never tried there.

If you're in the centenary suburbs:

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=139363&catid=10

Jindalee boatramp + upstream to the end of the park = sharks.

Under the centenary bridge, i would make sure you are either 6'6" and 130kg's, or go with a group of 2+ if at night time. This is right below the skate park and has gotten a lot rougher recently, especially on fri/sat nights. I haven't had a prob with the skaties yet, but it can happen.

the other thread above, there are a few places from under the bridge, through to the end of seventeen mile rocks park, read the thread.

I'm not too worried about the skaties. afterall we fisherfolk are armed with knives + I also carry a 5 x D cell mag lite torch. I might have a go at the boat ramp tomorrow night after flicking the net around the ramp and pontoon and see how I go. I'll probably take the GB1706 Ugly stick with a baitrunner loaded with 20lb braid with a 30lb mono leader. Probably use a 6/0 to 8/0 mustad big gun with a livie of some sort. For the sharks, is it best to have no lead or do I want to get the bait on the bottom.

Archived