cudgen creek yesterday

Troy_79

hey guys headed down to kingscliffe yesterday to visit the grandparents and to take my granddad and my old man fishing. After a couple of hours bored out of my brains sitting in a caravan we finally took off to do some fishing. Arrived at the boat ramp about 1130am which wasn't the time i had in mind as we were just about on the low tide and the creek was very shallow.

Drove up the creek til we came to a bridge and there was alot of deep water around, granddad was using pipis as thats the only bait he uses dad was using pipis and prawns and i was using the same but also pillies and sp's. After 5min my grandad hooked onto a nice whiting around 32cm followed by another 3 around 30cm before dad and i even got a touch:) After about an hour granddad had 3 whiting and a bream and dad had a whiting and i had nothing:laugh: But i finally hooked onto a nice flattie on a pillie around 47cm followed by a stingray. once the tide turned the fishing died very quicky.

Tried a few other spots but just little stuff so we headed back and had a good feed of fish for dinner which was awesome. Great little spot down there aswell. Left my camera at the caravan so have to wait til next weekend to get it back.

Archived