Coochin creek

jeff

Hey Guys,

Might be a silly question but Im looking to go fishing at Coochin creek, I see on another thread that some guys have caught bull sharks there.

I had a visit to BCF at Virginia and had a chat to the fishing guru there. He advised me o the bait, mullet fillet or live, the rig, metal leader and kick butt hook.

Too the question... Am I kidding myself on the chances on catching a shark there?

Going to try some SP's at the same time for some flatties, so will be making a day of it.

Any comments would be appreciated.

cheers

There is currently no bag limit that I know of on sharks. With the review they are proposing a bag of 1.

You wont catch a bullshark under the size limit (if there is one).

haven't fished Coochin for sharks, but I'm sure you'd be in with a good chance if you berley enough. Best time's probably going to be late arvo.

Mack_attack wrote:

seems obvious but keep away from the head it will try to bite you :P

And once you cut its head off, the head will still try to bite you:laugh: seriously, for a while it will still be able to bite down. So if you want to preserve the jaws, only start cutting them out after its been dead for a while:ohmy: :lol: . But DON'T take the Shark for the jaws only

• 3 weeks later...

at the mouth of coochin u can get trevally

mainly goldens, lots of dusky flathead whiting and bream, long toms can drive u nuts there at times

they like live silver biddies

most common bait fish there is silver biddies by the thousands

banana prawns are very good to use also

for the trevally

not far from the boat ramp (near camp site) there are two small creeks on the left as u heading to the mouth

lots of good bait fish there, hooked up live

u get mainly flathead or the odd jack

at night just there is better

good mullet there also

be heading up there when i get my new tinnie

Archived