fraser

chandler130

i haven't been to frazer for 15 year's . so going there would be like my first time it would have changed that much. so if it was me on my first time there i would just go in the 4x4 leave the boat behind.check the place out and camp and beach fish.i was up at inskip point ,rainbow beach and teewah beach in september.i saw people getting stuck from the end of the road to the wet sand where the bardge at inskip point.it was soft and chopped up there.if i was going to do it i would think about some wide tyres all let down and make sure u have good clearance and travel light.

I'd be reluctant to take a boat of that size. It's a lot of effort if the conditions don't suit.

I'm not 100% sure if the restrictions have come in yet, but they are (or have) SHUT DOWN BEACH DRIVING FROM HOOK POINT (oops - bloody caps lock) for a fair way up. So you would be taking the inland corrugated highway for an uncomfortably long time and it would no doubt show up any weakness in the trailer or boat or car or person. :pinch:

The island has changed immensely since it became open slather for the Heidi and Helga brigade. Don't expect Indian Head to be a pristine environment - it is nothing short of a disgrace!:angry: The road into Central station is now a 2 lane highway as well:blink:

Lake Mackenzie is like Bondi.

First went there 25 years ago - it was magnificent; a real wilderness type place. No doubt a lot of it still is, so if you're into that, steer clear of the well publicised places.

Last tip - beware of yabby banks on the western side:unsure: [img size=328]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fraser1.jpg

post-564-14459847743_thumb.jpg

post-564-144598478088_thumb.jpg

Archived