Bribie Island 4th till8th

Tim a

Troy and I went to Bribie the day after the classic for some lure fishing only! It was a good trip with quite a few fish landed and a few pbs and firsts for me.

Day 1.

Got to bribie at about midday and had our first cast at 1:00. We were fishing \"The Lock\". We had a few hits but no hooks set and after a while headed back home. One of our goals was to get a jack each so we thought we'd come back for dark. We got back around 7ish and found a big school of butter bream, yellowfin bream and bait fish in a special spot nearby. There were some bait fishos there using pillies catching a fish a cast. They pulled 2 mosnter bream, killed them then got a decent jack(38cm) killed it, a decent sweet lip, killed it, and heaps of decent bream killing most of them. Troy managed a few bream and moses perch on softies and I finaly got a moses on gulp. It was late and we hadnt had dinner so we rode home.

Day 2.

Got to the bridge near the lock around 9ish and started flicking our lures around after an hour Troy was onto a little gt about 25cm. Then a grinner.we got to the lock and after an hour of not a hit we saw a new ripper spot about 500m away. We rode there and a troy spotted a long tom from a leagally fishable pontoon(strange I know. He had his towadi next to it before I could say sex-40. I had my sex right next to and it had a hit but as usualy no hook up, it hit Troy towadi a few times as well. It was getting a lot harder to tempt when my lure landed on its nose and ZZZZZZ ZZ ZZZZZZ I had it!.... but not really I had something even better! A 50cm trev had come outta no where and smashed it , unfourtuantly the hooks pulled after about 3 seconds :( and the Tom had dissapeared aswell. Next cast I was on again, A 41cm Flattie had taken my lure. My first flattie on hb. A few pics and back he went. The fish seemed to be spooked and it was hard to tempt anything to eat our lures so we headed back. Came back out around 7ish and my brother and troy both scored tiny flatties on sp. It was quiet! too quiet!

Day 3.

We were getting bored of the new spot so we went looking for a few little spots, nothing lets go back to spot x and try n bread up a few bream. Well there was like 1 bream to every fillion butter bream but there was a few large happy moments! These things fight like boats! We caught a few little moses perch but no moments and we were about to leave until my sex was in the nose a moments and he gobbled it up. I was hearing my favourite sound for a while even on 6lb braid until he finaly gave up. Troy landed him and cleverly got spiked. We caught some more moses but the happies had gone. We went and explored some canals for a few flatties on sp. We caught 3 in about 5 minutes but there was no size to them so we left. We actaully decided to bait fish from the jetty. Tho all the shops were closed so we made some doe with yellow colouring. Troy got some butter bream but nothing much else. There was lots of surface attacks and it got the better of troy and he \"What are those attacking the bait fish?\"

\"Pike\" I replied

\"Bullsh!t, Pike are a winter fish\"

\"ok put on a little sp and you'll catch one\"

\"No I won't Pike are a winter Fish!\"

\"Just do it!\"

So on goes the littes pink grub and 2nd or 3rd cast bang! Troy gets a pike. ahhhh I couldnt help but rub it in!

We ended up catching several pike on hbs instead on sp because they were getting messed up everycast.

Day 4.

It was decided to go and explore the other set of canals(pelican Waters) and try find some decent breambos. On the way there I wanted to try the spot that I got my 1st ever whiting on with lures. I hadnt been there for a couple of years so I didn't know what to expect. Its a little jetty behind a few shops. There was bait fish getting terrorised constantly and it wasn't long before my sex was taken by a small cod. 2 casts later and it was taken again, by something a bit bigger and after a 2 decent runs my first Bream on Hard bodies was at our feet. It measure 27cm to the fork and I was very happy with it. Nothing else wanted to play so we moved to the canals. We tried millions of spots for only a few hits, a small cod and a tiny breambo by me. Troy was still going with his sps but had no luck. On the way back we stopped at a place under a bridge and casted our sps around. Troy got 2 grinners and a decent flattie(42cm) and got busted of by someothers. We were starving so left.

That evening we went piking again and landed several good pike on hbs.

That day we were competing against my brother and his friend and the score ended up 10-0. How embarasing!

Day 4.

We were up at 3:30 and tried a mariner across the bridge where Troy got a few small flatties. I got a flounder. We were fishing our 3\" minnows when mine got absolutely crunched and soon we could see a very decent flathead about 55cm near the pontoon. We werent fishing for flatties and I was using 3lb leader so there were some very tense moments before the unthinkable happened. Bye bye mr p.b. Nothing was biting so by 10 am we left. Well we fell asleep on the couch but there was still on session for us left! We didn't have to long so we headed back to the spot where I got my Bream on HB and started casting our lures around, I dropped a pike and hooked a just legal flattie only to bring him to the rocks with my sex in his mouth and he had one last head shake and good bye my lover good bye my favourite lure! The moral of the story is don't use 3lb leader when theres a chance of bycatch!

We were on the little jetty there for awhile and zzzz troys line goes squeling again. ohh its not so big just a foul hooked tarwhine.

20 mins later zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz this fish isnt' fouled! troys on to what he called a trev but turned out to be a hefty breambo going to 30cm to the fork. really thick fish I mite say.

It was getting quiet when I hooked what seemed to be a snag... hold on a minute \"its a fish!\" crap its another flattie!(3lb leader again) and after a few nevrous moments he's finally landed. He went to 48cm thats a new pb for me. I know he wasn't a true biggun but I was still very happy. We finaly left that spot and had a few last casts under the spotx bridge. I landed another legal flattie on 3lb leader(you think I would have learned by not:blink:) that went to 42cm and troy got snapped of a few times.

Best fish of the trip:

Troy

46cm flathead

30cm(fork)Bream

Others which I've forgotton

Tim

48cm flathead(p.B)

29cm Bream(1st bream on hb)

42cm flathead

41cm flathead(1st on hb)

30cmish Happy moments(amazing fighters!)

It was a good trip with good company and several 1st.

Tim

P.s sorry about the long story:P

P.s.s Can't get the photos from my mum's phone to comp. Sorry!

Archived