Pinkenba

silver_rex

Went to pinkenba last night armed with the net and rod. Managed to get a dozen prawns within 30 min or so. Threw a live prawn out while continuing to cast net wading knee deep or so in the water. Few casts in i netted a stone fish, then a bullrout :unsure: Thank god i went to BCF that afternoon and purchased some aqua shoes!!! Last time i go barefoot in any water systems B)

Scored a few bream hanging around the ramp (15cm-22cm) and one big run and spat the hooks after few minutes :angry: :angry: :angry:

No pics sorry, camera shat itself from the kid using it as a toy on the tiles :laugh:

Was a nice night out with a few coldies :fishing:

for sure mate shoes are a good idea even know i never wear them :blink: but 2 weeks ago i got a stone fish out at scarbrough & ive never got 1 befor. they just seem to be popping up every were. i know a few have been cought in the caboolture river & the passage in the last few weeks also. :huh:

blockah wrote:

for sure mate shoes are a good idea even know i never wear them :blink: but 2 weeks ago i got a stone fish out at scarbrough & ive never got 1 befor. they just seem to be popping up every were. i know a few have been cought in the caboolture river & the passage in the last few weeks also. :huh:

diving boots wont stop the bigger stoneys from hitting ya,they go right threw the boots,bullrouts are every where me missus little bro and i went casting down the comslie the other night and the poor little bugger got hit...

got kevlar sole inserts i got through work ;) So no stoney critter getting through them

uglyfish wrote:

blockah wrote:

diving boots wont stop the bigger stoneys from hitting ya,they go right threw the boots,bullrouts are every where me missus little bro and i went casting down the comslie the other night and the poor little bugger got hit...

blockah wrote:

i agree i'd never caught one before but now i've caught two in the last few months :unsure:

Sounds like a fun sesh silver_rex

Archived