Skinny water Bassin 15/16

Dinodadog

Headed off to the Gold Coast hinterland for a visit and like you do threw the rods in at the last minute. Glad I did as I got amongst some skinny water bass.

Sat arvo about 4pm went for a walk along the creek and in about a foot of water I saw a silver flash between the rocks on the bottom. Had a look in the little plastic cont that I had and seen I didnt put any surface lures in, so on went a beetlespin with a 1/8 jig head with a 2inch paddle tail grub. I cast to the other side of the creek and high sticked the rod and done a slow retreive so the lure was just under the surface of the water. About half way in a bass darted out from behind a rock and nailed it. By the next cast after my second bass I had lost both of the beetlespins I had to submerged snags, so I then started on 1/8oz s/baits, a size I havn't used for the years, the 1st bass on this the skirt and band holding it on fell to bits. A few more were caught on s/baits before it was feeling to uncomfortable to be standing in long grass as somebody was dimming the lights.

Sun morn got up early and snuck out like a mongrel dog so as not to wake anyone and hit the creek in the same area. But there was no fish, just a beautiful little platipus feeding along the bottom. So after several cast in skinny water with no luck I thought I better start walking to find some deeper holes. Luck was with me the 1st deep hole I came to produced a bass a little bigger than the ones the arvo before and the next hole the same thing and then a phonecall to say your b/fast is getting cold. Anyway I'll be back and to the Albert river bass fishermen, your safe for a bit longer.:woohoo:

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

bass [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/rions_021.JPG

Hey Dino. I'm heading to canungra for a camping weekend in December and where we are staying has a nice deep part of the creek in it. Could you recommend maybe just one or two lures I could throw around to see what I can get. You seem to do pretty well in the freshwater. Thanks for your advice.

Paul

Mate. :blink: :blink: I haven't been fishing long enough or even read enough posts to know what the heck you were just talking about. Any chance of really dumbing it down for this lure rookie. I own only 3 lures one of which is an sx40 I bought the other day just because everyone talks about them here.

Paul

As Brian has shown the little torpedo shape with the propeller are the fizzers and the ones with the wings are the paddlers or crawlers. I am spinnerbait mad so I always start all freshwater fishing with s/baits, helps me find out the depth and where the underwater snags are before I let loose the dearer lures.

Archived