offshore sunday, yaay finally get to go fishin

noname

i think i will be going for a fish on sunday if the weather forecast is close, i will be going around cape moreton, then heading sth est, looking for murky waters, so i can flick out some plastic's and see how the new rods go.. i dare say verado bobby won't be to far away.:cheer: . make sure you take your jigging rods bob, that time of year. :huh: .

might have a spot on the boat, so you know the deal !pm

Gotta ask unless seabreeze and a few other weather sites are wrong it will be blowin 20 nts early and wont settle till the afternoon :pinch:

It will be LUMPY out the front first up :woohoo:

I'm keen to join in I need to get back on the water ;)

If the weather gods are kind where and when do you intend to head out from ???

Gazza

Gazza wrote:

Gotta ask unless seabreeze and a few other weather sites are wrong it will be blowin 20 nts early and wont settle till the afternoon :pinch:

It will be LUMPY out the front first up :woohoo:

I'm keen to join in I need to get back on the water ;)

If the weather gods are kind where and when do you intend to head out from ???

Gazza

seabreeze was predicting 15kts from the sw and easing, seas to 1.4 but easing, wont be going to far out the front as i will be using plastics, i will be leaving from manly around 4.00 / 4.30

Forecast for sunday morning has improved but still looking a bit marginal.

We are looking at heading out super early monday. Not sure where yet but possibly shallow tempest.

Shallow tempest has been firing lately but only from about 4am-7am ish. So really need to leave early and a few of the sand banks at the northern end of the bay are downright scary on really low tides in pitch darkness like the low tide on sunday morning. Easy to get flipped over by a roguie.

dhess wrote:

Forecast for sunday morning has improved but still looking a bit marginal.

We are looking at heading out super early monday. Not sure where yet but possibly shallow tempest.

Shallow tempest has been firing lately but only from about 4am-7am ish. So really need to leave early and a few of the sand banks at the northern end of the bay are downright scary on really low tides in pitch darkness like the low tide on sunday morning. Easy to get flipped over by a roguie.

the last time i went around the cape, i thought it had changed quite a bit, the depth just didn't seem right,so charged on reguardless, no dramas though, might go through the bar. sounds a lot easier. cheers for the heads up.

just had a look at seabreeze, looks great, down to 1kt and seas under 1 mtr for most of the day, even sunny coast looks tempting. hmmmmm. might have to flip a coin.:unsure:

and it looks like the haines will be parked for yet another week. going out with a friend who just bought a new boat, no idea of a plan of attack, but don't really care, be good to be on the water again, aint no better place to be. :)

Archived