1st ever freshy!!!

kiwifisho

Well met up with Dino this morn at NPD to learn a few bass tricks n secrets;) Nothing much to report as it was very quiet but did learn alot from Dino.Anyway was flickin a small spinnerbait and whammo i was onto me 1st ever freshy, after a little tussle I pulled up a nice 1st time bass:woohoo: .Thanks heaps Dino for the tips and company hope to do more fishin with u,:cheer:

Dean;) [img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/phpAkWtTAPM.jpg

I never had an interest in fresh water fishing but then I met up with a bunch of yakers down at hinze. Only caught one bass (38cms) that day but it went hard enough for me to want more. It is still my one and only bass on a SP. Then I went to Lenthalls and caught a few barra, well I was hooked from there.

Nowadays I prefer fresh over salt. Even though the species are limited the fight makes up for it. Especially the big Wivenhoe girls.

I wish I wasn't far from a dam. For me the nearest is about an hours drive away:angry: mind you the nearest salt is about 40mins away. What was I thinking when I built so far away from the water?????

Top fish did you get a measure on it?

WayneD wrote:

I never had an interest in fresh water fishing but then I met up with a bunch of yakers down at hinze. Only caught one bass (38cms) that day but it went hard enough for me to want more. It is still my one and only bass on a SP. Then I went to Lenthalls and caught a few barra, well I was hooked from there.

Nowadays I prefer fresh over salt. Even though the species are limited the fight makes up for it. Especially the big Wivenhoe girls.

I wish I wasn't far from a dam. For me the nearest is about an hours drive away:angry: mind you the nearest salt is about 40mins away. What was I thinking when I built so far away from the water?????

Top fish did you get a measure on it?

No didnt measure it Wayne but say it wooda gone 25 to 30cm.

Dean;)

Argh your first Bass:woohoo: Great fun huh? Wait till you nail a goodun, they pull well.

I was spoilt for my first Bass, Jase/Faulked and I hit a spot where we were getting almost a fish a cast:blink: Was great fun:woohoo:

Jase and I are hitting NPD tomorrow.

Well done mate, hopefully the first of many!;)

Jayson

Archived