I declare this the catch of the week

Brian D

Caught at Lake Monduran Nov 08 on Daiwa HRF on a 7' ugly stick loaded with 50lb main with 60lb leader. It went 124cm, weighed more then 31kg (68.2lbs) as I couldn't get the tail off the ground I am sure it was heavier so I'm calling it 70lb with a girth measure 99.5cm. Fight took about 8 mins and 2 blokes to lift the net into the boat. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Randoms1792_AFO.jpg

And for the catch and release greenies, bad luck she fought to the death. While I am at it, the word is that the people who look after this dam request that anything over 90cm picked up with bogger grips is not to be returned to the water. Anything over a metre should not be put back no matter how it is handled.

The bogger grips breaks the neck and the bigger ones eat the small barra and bass. This is a stocked dam and has zero affect on the wild stock.

My opinion is that there is no difference between this dam and a pine tree restainable plantantion. Argue on that one! :P

Forgot - lure was a B52 Gold tripple trebble

Randoms1796AFO.jpg

Like the fillet and release photo. Its a real bugger when you catch something longer than your brag net.

The MSA ( Monduran Stocking Assn.)has a good display in their shed with all fresh water species in their tanks and have a section on the wall saying that this is a put and take dam. They also have a holding tank somewhere ( we couldnt find it where they ask anglers to place their unwanted fish rather than release them. They hold the fish for a few days and then fillet them and donate the fish to local retirement/ convalescent homes and other local charities.

That way everyone wins.

Cheers

Ray

Man, that is one serious slab of well trimmed muscle..... And no Brian I am talking about the fish!

It would have absolutely hammered through the water with that paddle tale and would have tasted just as nice cut into some steaks with a squeeze of lemon on top.

Well done Brian and all the boys, although I did double check your measurements going by your addition competency in the Lotto thread!

After catching this one Brian gave up the idea of using his yak. Reckoned if he got one bigger it would pull him and the yak under if it dived.:dry:

Actually he did hook up a larger fish but it spat the hooks when it did a spectular 4 foot vertical jump right beside the boat.I was standing in the boat and had to look up to see its head. It was massive. I estimate about 1.4.

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

P1010420AFO.jpg

Would have weighed more as the tail was still dragging on ground. Next year will take a tripod to hang scales off.:laugh:

Cheers

Ray

hahahahahahahahahahaha! i declare that pic, the pic of the year!!!!hahahahahahahahah:laugh:

great job chilly..great job:laugh:

TerryH wrote:

Well done though, great fish. Can't wait to get one like that in my yak :woohoo:

Er dunno about getting it in the yak - I think you might have to tie the yak to the back of the fish!

Stonker fish Brian.

It would have to be my best ever fishing trip, maybe even the trip of a lifetime. Great fish, Great company.

Certainly feeling a little depressed being back at the grind, and realising I need to find some new fishing goals! I done used them all up this year!

Archived