Soft plastic seminar for beginners.

rayke1938

There will be a seminar on soft plastics for beginners at Fishhead Victoria point at 6.30 on Wed 17th december. its free with nibblies and soft drinks.

I have emailed the regulars on my email list if you wish to know more pm me your email and i will forward the newsletter.

See you there.

Cheers

ray

basically

clear water = natural colours, translucent and if they don't work the bright fluros

dirty/murky water = solid dark colours

fish tend to bite on the drop.

went over a few different jig styles, weedless/snagless hooks (difficult to explain in text)

got a sampler gulp pack and a really good DVD which summarises a lot of what was explained last night.

there's a lot more that went on, hard to go over with just words

Mopar Kev and I went.Very informative especially how the speaker used visual aids to help you to understand the way the plastics works and which ones to use for particular species.

Kev wanted the best plastic on the wall identified by the speaker which he said was a pumpinseed minnow and Kev said he'd grab one packet straight after.Got given a sample bag with stickers soft plastics and also a 90 minute Dvd so was certainly worth the trip.

I also asked whether to ditch the SP once the tail had been bitten off and he said if they are on the bite keep them but dispose of them if they are not on the bite.Has anyone used braid scissors to reshape a tail on one thats been bitten off?Just curious.

He also suggested that fishing SP's in windy conditions would be no more difficult than trying to do the same bait fishing.

We then tried some fishing but was blowing a gale so went to pontoon at Raby Bay where Kev got three small Bream and had something decent send his line peeling but didn't manage to even get near to bringing it in.

I tried to help but Kev's a leftie so I was so unco trying to help him with the rod having the handle of the reel on my wrong side.

Thanks for the heads up Ray.It was well and truly worthwhile for the newbies or uniformed SP fishermen out there.

Hulk

PS. they were filming the whole night so it may pay for those who missed it to ring up and see if they are going to distribute this to the general public to view

I was so keen to get there, till some idiot decided he wanted my attention more than I wanted his!

Love sitting through these seminars as you learn a little more from each. I was always under impression that colours should be other way around till I attended some of these.

Thanks for the info that the guys who attended posted.

Great night out: Pizza, drink, free sps and a DVD! Sweet! I reckon it just about summed up all the great sp advice on here, but in a concise chunk. Very interesting. (And I would have had the monster down Rabby Bay if old Hulk hadn't of spooked him off with his righty (unnatural!) technique on my lefty (natural!) rig!!!;)) Oh, yeah! Pom 3, Oz 0!!:fishing:

Archived